I need Bolero Update :-)

Anyone having issues with the touchscreen in cold weather? False touches and non responsive screen. 

Device part number: 5Q0035842C

Hardware: H41

Software: 0475

Media Codec: 4101.0.0.0

It was fine last winter with older software. I've read that some versions change screen sensitivity and this can be the issue.

23 minutes ago, stoo31 said:

I've only had my car about 3 weeks but have had an unresponsive screen fairly often.

Didn't think of the cold!

It seems to be a common problem seen on other forums/threads etc. I've booked mine in at Skoda in a couple of weeks so i'll update then.

I got my car Jan this year, actually picked it up when it was snowing. From day one I had unresponsive issues with the stereo on cold mornings just like your video. Sometimes it was the whole screen, other times just part of it and sometimes the buttons to switch from radio to media etc. didn't work. 

It went back to the dealer and they updated the software. At the same time, I cleaned the screen with some screen cleaner as I noticed it seemed to have a haze on it. After that, I didn't notice any issues... not sure if it was the software update, but I think more than likely it was some crap cleaning product on the display causing haze and issues with condensation on cold mornings. I remember seeing an old thread on here where someone used to clean it with meths or such like and it fixed his issue too. It's been 0 or below recently and I've not noticed anything, but tbh I use spotify so all the control is on my phone or the steering wheel so maybe its still unresponsive and I just don't notice.

I'd try giving it a good clean first if you haven't before. I've had a bottle of this stuff for years, use it on the TV, monitors etc. anything with a display: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ecomoist-Natural-Screen-Cleaner-Microfiber/dp/B00846UAZM/ref=sr_1_4?crid=22BGM52B36BL1&keywords=eco+screen+cleaner+spray&qid=1574379955&sprefix=eco+screen%2Caps%2C149&sr=8-4 . I clean mine every few months, takes seconds and gets rid of any finger oils etc.

Edited by Confused_Cheese
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...