Anyone had experience with these brakes??

Jb7lr

I have used that make on my last three cars, got them on the rear of my current MK1 Octy and going to replace the fronts with the same make very shortly, great quality and if you deal direct from their website superb service

https://www.mtecbrakes.com/about-mtecbrakes

Edited by nige8021
mtec link added
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

Well I never, a UK manufacturer, I take it all back, bet the pads are imported though.

Still, go for it, that's a great deal.

I've only used their discs with OEM pads so can't comment on their pads 

42 minutes ago, nige8021 said:

I have used that make on my last three cars, got them on the rear of my current MK1 Octy and going to replace the fronts with the same make very shortly, great quality and if you deal direct from their website superb service

https://www.mtecbrakes.com/about-mtecbrakes

Thanks mate! Appreciate it 

Tarox pads are meant to work well with MTEC discs.  That's the combo I'm going for.

I like the colour coatings you can add to the MTEC discs; fair enough the braking surface will be worn back to the metal almost instantly but the hub bell should stay black, rather than rusty! 

47 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Tarox pads are meant to work well with MTEC discs.  That's the combo I'm going for.

I like the colour coatings you can add to the MTEC discs; fair enough the braking surface will be worn back to the metal almost instantly but the hub bell should stay black, rather than rusty! 

Am I right in saying these MTEC discs come with Mintex pads? Anything will be an upgrade to what I’ve got on now anyway

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/09/2019 at 23:25, Kgod1991 said:

Brake depot based in chesterfield well priced and do dimpled / slotted and so on.  Always a little weary of drilled discs 

Drilled discs are fine for the road. Wouldn't use them on track though.