Towing a caravan help

Hi does anybody on here an the Fabia III kombi that also has a caravan? 

Struggling to pick a caravan thats a 4 berth and that the Fabia safely pull 

It says upto 1200kg?? 

Anyone got a Fabia kombi that tows a caravan??

Edited by Shawry85

Sounds rather like you are looking at too big a caravan to tow safely with the car, or, too small a car to safely tow the size of caravan you want. 

I can think of two alternatives to solve the problem.   You may well get a 4B caravan at just under 1200kg, but then have to take into account all the suff you will carry in the caravan, and the car.  Bare caravan weight is only the beginning.

sorry about some rain on the parade.

Hi thanks for responses!! We have the 1.4 Monte Carlo estate manual 

Looking at a 4berth caravan under 1000kg ha. I thought that the 1200kg brakes max was too much because the car weights 1100kg max 

Would love to get a 4 berth but may have to be a 2/3 and get a big awning ha 

Any hints/tips/ advice would be greatly appreciated

1 hour ago, Shawry85 said:

Hi thanks for responses!! We have the 1.4 Monte Carlo estate manual 

Looking at a 4berth caravan under 1000kg ha. I thought that the 1200kg brakes max was too much because the car weights 1100kg max 

Would love to get a 4 berth but may have to be a 2/3 and get a big awning ha 

Any hints/tips/ advice would be greatly appreciated

The caravan would leave you with no payload i.e no, clothes, chairs, awning, bedding, water carrier, waste carrier almost all the paraphernalia that a caravanner carries.

My Yeti managed an Eriba Troll and a Bailey Orion but they were light caravans. Does anyone actually offer a towbar for a Fabia?.

• Like 1

All services carried out not at Skoda with Thier silly prices for very minimal work carried out. 

When the car was bought the plan wasn't to tow a caravan but such is life and things change. The plan isn't to attempt to pull the maximum weight, if you read the first post I was asking for advice and I anybody has a Fabia have they pulled a caravan. 

The car is obviously able to tow if you can get a tow bar and there is a weight restriction.

If you have no advice just a negative don't waste your time in posting a comment 

• Like 1

The Eriba Puck series are light and there are several more but most all are two berth.

Tow a trailer and you could carry a huge 6 berth tent like the Outwell Willwood.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2019 at 08:11, gumdrop said:

The Eriba Puck series are light and there are several more but most all are two berth.

Tow a trailer and you could carry a huge 6 berth tent like the Outwell Willwood.

I wish that was an option, we already have a trailer tent will towed with an old focus, but our girls are at the age of wanting to help/ not actually helping 😁 so the wife has said can we go for a tourer caravan and not have to worry about the set up process of the trailer tent (is for sale guys if anybody is after one ahahaha)