Induction Kit question

1 hour ago, Monkey_Dan said:

I've found it listed on another site as being compatible with the Fabia III 1.2tsi and it's cheaper. 

Think I'm going to go for it

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/5033/mst-air-intake-system-for-late-vag-1214tsi

doesnt look like it feeds to the front but its interesting

1 hour ago, Kobayashi said:

doesnt look like it feeds to the front but its interesting

Looks tp me that feeds from through the grille and into that half bucket thing. Seems better than the Forge filter location.

39 minutes ago, Monkey_Dan said:

Looks tp me that feeds from through the grille and into that half bucket thing. Seems better than the Forge filter location.

Definitely better location than forge, be interesting to know how much bhp this one will give (suspect 5-9bhp) my mapper says the £30 K & N panels give about 5bhp more than the paper stock OEM one. The oil in these engines is always 95c to 100c so that forge one be hotter air surrounding than the paper filter cold air feed 

Edited by Kobayashi

1 hour ago, Kobayashi said:

Definitely better location than forge, be interesting to know how much bhp this one will give (suspect 5-9bhp) my mapper says the £30 K & N panels give about 5bhp more than the paper stock OEM one. The oil in these engines is always 95c to 100c so that forge one be hotter air surrounding than the paper filter cold air feed 

I'll update this post when I fit it. I already had a pipercross panel filter as I was staying stock-ish. Only got the car at the begining of the month and that's gone out the window. Already have the forge dump valve and race chip pro installed. This filter and Eibach springs on the way. Not forgetting the Carista!

Something about getting a little hatchback again has turned back the clock 20 years 🤣

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Confused_Cheese said:

Biggest benefit will probably be easy access to change the filter without having to remove 3 hoses, 3 ball mounts, 2 screws and 4 clips 😝 Not sure what vag were thinking there.

Lol, I know! When I first looked I thought the top of the airbox would just unclip and lift off, but no...

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, R44YVY said:

You fitted it yet? 

Had it on a little while, really simple install. Nice noise, seems to pull a bit stronger but could just be my imagination. Doesn't suffer with heat soak like some filters 

On 28/08/2019 at 15:31, Monkey_Dan said:

Had it on a little while, really simple install. Nice noise, seems to pull a bit stronger but could just be my imagination. Doesn't suffer with heat soak like some filters 

Grab us a couple of pics?

Is it loud with the hood down and from inside the car?

29 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Grab us a couple of pics?

Is it loud with the hood down and from inside the car?

I'll get some at the weekend, maybe a little video too.

I think it's quite loud under load but no louder when at cruise 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I recently got a forge one. Unfortunately you can't really hear much of a difference from inside the car. I suspect it will sound better from the outside as the filter is right near the front grill. Bhp increase won't be noticeable at all, maybe 1-2bhp.