Mini mods..to start

Joshua1990

Hi everyone I have had the Octavia now for a little over a week the mod itch has begun so I am doing a few mini ones to keep it at bay then more than likely moving on to larger stuff.Today I put on wind and rain deflectours and dust caps.20190814_155105.thumb.jpg.bcdd5619e0bf94fb7aff6aa959682190.jpg

• Like 3

A smidge of anti-corrosion agent might be an idea on the dust caps.  They've been known to corrode, seize on the valve thread, and be a right s o d to get off (in case you didn't know).

Good start 👍

Gaz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Joshua1990 said:

Hi everyone I have had the Octavia now for a little over a week the mod itch has begun so I am doing a few mini ones to keep it at bay then more than likely moving on to larger stuff.Today I put on wind and rain deflectours and dust caps.20190814_155105.thumb.jpg.bcdd5619e0bf94fb7aff6aa959682190.jpg

I feel the same.  Thinking about a boot lip protector like you have got there.  Also on eBay some vRS side sill protectors...

Nice motor! I’ve had my velvet red estate for under a month.  Really want to re-code the virtual cockpit display 

10 hours ago, Joshua1990 said:

The boot lip protector was already on the car when I got it its handy for the dog to get in and out hes already left quiet a few marks on it

where did you get the boot protector? Looking good...

I was thinking to get one... (stroller and the all the other stuff:)

11 hours ago, NoisyRich said:

I feel the same.  Thinking about a boot lip protector like you have got there.  Also on eBay some vRS side sill protectors...

Nice motor! I’ve had my velvet red estate for under a month.  Really want to re-code the virtual cockpit display 

Nice ride...

I have exactly the same wind deflectors from heko on my Superb, but the noise is killing me after 130km/h. Did you try to drive without it? (or it was pre-installed)

4 hours ago, Joshua1990 said:

..... I haven't been up to anything over 50mph in it.....

Go and stand in the corner, and don’t come out until you’ve thought about this and are ready to say sorry, have seen the error of your ways, and are prepared to correct such appalling behaviour!

Gaz 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, QubiDK said:

where did you get the boot protector? Looking good...

I was thinking to get one... (stroller and the all the other stuff:)

Skoda dealers sell them in silver or black for about 65 Euro's and they have double sided tape to stick them down, so easy DIY job.:thumbup:

Ballsy where did you get the thingys to go over the do dars ? As they look quiet nice. I got a few other bits coming in the next week to add also :) its now a game to see how much I add to the car before the other half finds out ;) ;)

Edited by Joshua1990
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Sill covers from the dealer (£25) and striker plate covers from AliExpress for a few £, under 5.

Trust you Sasha to know what the thingy’s are called! LOL 🧐

• Like 1