1.0 Tsi Remap Success

• 2 weeks later...

Very interested since I have an Identical car and +25 PS sounds very nice.

No surprise that the 1.0 peak power is better than factory claim, the old 1.2 TSi frequently dyno'd at this sort of figure despite a rating of 105PS.

Has the torque delivery changed? I loathe the low rev apathy this motor displays -  when the 1.2 would pull hard from 1500 in any gear.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 2 weeks later...

Graphs interesting. No doubt power curve is dramatically improved. However, torque appears to suffer between about 1400 and 2100rpm. This is exactly the range that I use day-to-day (in my 1.2 TSi 110), so reckon I'd have to drop a gear. I don't suppose there are any comparative curves (i.e. on same dyno) for unmodified 1.0 versus 1.2?

Guest BigJase88

the difference low down looks negligible, its more when you open it up it has more power, up the rev range I guess.

Still better than nothing I guess

3 hours ago, Scrotum said:

Graphs interesting. No doubt power curve is dramatically improved. However, torque appears to suffer between about 1400 and 2100rpm. This is exactly the range that I use day-to-day (in my 1.2 TSi 110), so reckon I'd have to drop a gear. I don't suppose there are any comparative curves (i.e. on same dyno) for unmodified 1.0 versus 1.2?

No Dyno but I sold a 1.2 to get a 1.0. Not one of my better car buying decisions. The 1.0 is so limp at lower revs compared to the 4 banger. This is why I'm interested in mapping the 1.0 because in standard trim it's awful.

Edited by camelspyyder

The main difference is definitely up the rev range. Mostly noticeable when changing from 2nd to 3rd at higher revs. 

To be fair I think the power and torque is excellent from such a tiny engine. This power would have been the equivalent to a 90's 2.0 twin can 16v so pretty impressive. The light weight of the Toledo helps performance also, predicted 0-60 is around 9.0 sec now which isn't too shabby. 

The next step for me will be a set of lowering springs, thus far I cannot find a manufacturer who makes them for the 1.0tsi though, has anyone else had any luck? 

Edited by Greenline3Matt
Spelling

16 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Eibachs online catalogue lists them for all Rapids. Probably all Toledo's too, don't get the ones for the 1.6tdi or 1.4tsi, the spring rates are wrong for the lighter cars.

I've spoken to Eibach and they say they don't have any that are a confirmed fit for the 1.0...Larkspeed told me the same. 

I've seen a few Eibach resellers listing the lower rate (880) ones as fit for 1.0 or 1.2 which both kerb weight a similar amount around 1140kg+/-

The 960 rated ones fit the heavier 1.4/1.6 cars at around 1260kg

for example:

https://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=eibachprokitsprings;car=skodarapid;manufacturer=eibac;sub_category=1

worth a call?

Matt, you could try Lowtec:

https://www.lowtec.de/en/skoda/rapid/nh/?p=1

Springs in a variety of drops Euro 124 listed for 1.0, 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6  - drops from 25/20mm down to 45/45mm

Springs and damper set        Euro 331     "------------------------------"

Coilovers          from               Euro 674 

Edited by camelspyyder

34 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Matt, you could try Lowtec:

https://www.lowtec.de/en/skoda/rapid/nh/?p=1

Springs in a variety of drops Euro 124 listed for 1.0, 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6  - drops from 25/20mm down to 45/45mm

Springs and damper set        Euro 331     "------------------------------"

Coilovers          from               Euro 674 

Oh great, thanks very much indeed! Do you have any experience with Lowtec? 

• 1 year later...

Green

On 18/08/2019 at 08:48, Greenline3Matt said:

Hi guys

I've got a 2018 Seat Toledo 1.0tsi 110bhp with a manual gearbox and I have just had it remapped by Angus @ Kap Tuning in Folkestone. Angus has mapped 2 of my previous cars to great success so I trust him implicitly with my cars. 

The car has done just 7,500 miles so it's still quite low mileage, it's only ever ran on V Power so I hoped the standard power would be healthy, or at least the 110bhp from factory. 

On to the rollers and after some health checks Angus made a base run. It made 117.9 bhp which I was very pleased with as its completely standard. It goes to show that better fuel does yield better power. 

Angus studied the dyno graphs and pointed out that there was a boost drop off at 3,500rpm which was holding everything back. He spent and an hour or so re-writing the ecu and making his adjustments. 

After all was done he made 2 power runs. The first run yielded 140bhp, a good improvement. The second and final run made 143bhp, a significant improvement over standard. 

The result is a much happier car, pulling well through the rev range. It's never going to be 'fast' but now at least I have released its potential. 

I will post the graphs up if people are interested to see them. 

IMG_20190816_084536.jpg

How you getting on since having the remap done 

• 2 weeks later...