VRS piggyback ECU

Hello all! My first post and I’m hoping to get your interest in this topic. 

I have just bought a piggback ECU from chiptuning for my CTHE 2014 VRS estate. Buying the GTS black, they have said that I will get an increase of 51bhp and 75nm. On my standard car this should put me up to over 230bhp and over 300nm on their top setting. They have also quoted up to 20% more fuel efficiency. 

Has as anyone bought something similar? What are your results with it? And are you interested in follow up posts?

@MurraysMonte

Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest returning the Tuning Box and get the car remapped.

PS, a Twincharger can get 230PS without a bigger turbo and injectors,

as people have had with a Stage 2 Map, bigger intercooler, good plugs, coils, 99 ron super unleaded and luck.

More power available can give better fuel economy, but so can changing how you drive make a 42 mpg average get to 50 mpg.

Edited by Roottootemoot

Hi all. I should of stated. The increase in fuel economy is in a special ‘eco mode’ I have a 30 day money back guarantee. It comes with 2 years engine warranty up to £8000. I haven’t got it remapped because I want it to be quickly removed if needed. Check them out... https://www.racechip.co.uk/

What do you want to remove it quickly for, you need to declare it on your insurance, and if the Warranty was to be claimed on from them you are not claiming off anyone else.

Up to 20% 

The Engine Warranty is interesting, not worth anything really with a CAVE or CTHE.  if it was everyone would have their tuning box, crazy price though.

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 22.31.24.png

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 22.31.44.png

engine-warranty-terms.pdf

Edited by Roottootemoot

You can pick up a used TDI box for only £70?(Huge price decrease) that would give similar results, These boxes are used world wide and wouldn't be still be selling if they were "essentially" crap however the don't even come close to a custom map where live figures are generated in front of your face and you have the option to have the car setup the way you want it rather than a preloaded file.

Wouldn't be my first choice however plenty have ran them without faults.

So, my first week with it. I must say that although the economy increase is questionable so far (due to me only doing short journeys) the RACECHIP ECU is very, very good! The instant difference in power when I select ‘race’ mode is a straight adrenaline rush which I can’t get enough of! I got it in their birthday sale so it was £399 for the lot and for me it’s worth it compared to what some people spend on a remap. 

For future;

my local airstrip holds drag racing a handful of times a year. I took my VRS last time and my best was a 14.592 1/4 mile at 98.1mph.

the next race day is in mid September and I’m very interested in what difference this ECU does to my time/speed. 

What are other people’s 1/4 mile times?

• Like 1

Sharkrider & Furbytom's estate had that almost same time as yours, they were standard CTHE.

No idea if @sharkrider ever ran his with a Tuning Box after this.  He might comment.

@Furbytom has a thread with his car on a Dyno as standard.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/357839-fabia-vrs-estate-rolling-road-run

Maybe there are some here with a Tuning box or remap on their CTHE engine cars that have their 1/4 Miles times or print out.

Edited by Roottootemoot

4 hours ago, Roottootemoot said:

Sharkrider & Furbytom's estate had that almost same time as yours, they were standard CTHE.

No idea if @sharkrider ever ran his with a Tuning Box after this.  He might comment.

@Furbytom has a thread with his car on a Dyno as standard.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/357839-fabia-vrs-estate-rolling-road-run

Maybe there are some here with a Tuning box or remap on their CTHE engine cars that have their 1/4 Miles times or print out.

when I was running quarter miles with Tom, mine was totally standard... Toms was faster though! (and standard) My tuning box was on the old car (green one) Glad someone is enjoying your old car Tom :)

I used a TMC tuning box on the old vRS, had it RRd at 199bhp..... The newer CTHEs gave more power anyway, as shown by Toms RR result... think he was getting under 15 seconds for the quarter mile!

Edited by sharkrider