Boot Sill Protector

When we had the previous Octavia we got a Boot Sill Protector from Richard Grant Mouldings (Leighton Buzzard). 

Having just acquired a second-hand 2016 Superb, the boot sill showed signs of "use". In particular, the edge had a few dings.

We were pleased that the company had one for the car and, because it is griped under the rear rubber seal, fitting was a doddle.

Very tough moulded ABS with 3M double sided tape already stuck to the guard, it completely covers the rear edge.

Very reasonably priced, in black plus 3 other colours.

The part number is RBP864 (it says it is for a Superb 4DR Saloon 6-2015>) but it is really for the hatch.

Regards retiredbri

IMG_9162 smaller.jpg

IMG_9160 smaller.jpg

• Like 1

I too have just got one of these for my SUPERB HAT 2.0TSI SPT LN DSG, 2018 reg. Got the black version which went well with the business grey car colour. Very easy to fit, really look the part, and hide all those niggling blemishes on the boot sill. 

• Administrators

WAs looking on their site earlier today and found nothing for the hatch... must use better eyes. So TY for a part number.

Now I'm not sure if I want black or one of the other colours, to go on silver, black works, brushed alloy might too. 

Would not kill a manufacturer to publish bigger photos of products ;)

Not sure why the superb one is +£20 on the likes of a brushed metal passat, given they must be about the same size 😞

Edited by ColinD

Thanks Colin for such a site that's essential for Skoda owners.

Ahem!   I did say "The part number is RBP864 (it says it is for a Superb 4DR Saloon 6-2015>) but it is really for the hatch)😥

The possible reason for the higher price is that it covers the rear lip and being moulded ABS, the larger jig has to be heated over a larger area. Just some thoughts?

Regards 

Edited by retiredbri

The part number I got for my 2018 Superb Hatch Sportline was 

RBP864 - SUPERB 4DR SALOON 6.2015>9.2019

Cost was £63.55 including VAT and delivery.

3 minutes ago, ColinD said:

Super thank you.

Not sure between brush silver or black on a silver car now...

Heck I can't see it when driving right ;)

If you have a reversing camera I can see my silver one against the Black Magic paint. Obviously only when going backwards of course.:giggle:

Ive never had a bumper guard on mine as I've always used Hatchbag Bootliners with the bumper guard attachment.

Bumpers even with dogs jumping in and out still look like new and the occasional light scratch is easily polished out.

Bumper guards are good if you don't have four legged companions as they will always manage to catch the face of the bumper. Taking stuff to the tip and generally load lugging I still think you are better off with what the Hatchbag offers so the same reason. It covers all the bumper top and face. 

Wouldn't be without one now 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2CJZpwRUf1ydRewn7

I defiantly wouldn't want to try to take one off, they'll become scratched and swirled like anything else so if you do a lot of load lugging and/or have pets .I wouldn't expect them to look brand new after a year or so of use :)  

Edited by Zenbasses