Rear Skoda badging

Rogerstone

Just a quick question - I was under the impression that the rear badge on the Karoq was the skoda logo   and in the future it was changing to the Skoda name.

Just see a 19 plate the has the spelt out version, does this mean my sportline that due to be built mid sept will have the new wording instead of a logo?

On 24/08/2019 at 08:59, TheRoq said:

I debadged my lettering, looks much cleaner.

The new cars will be even better, no badge on the back at all.

I agree......looked at 'wrapping' the skoda motif / roundel but it wasn't easy doing it in situ....taking it off is fraught with problems so it stays.

DSC00759a.JPG

2 hours ago, Berisford said:

I agree......looked at 'wrapping' the skoda motif / roundel but it wasn't easy doing it in situ....taking it off is fraught with problems so it stays.

DSC00759a.JPG

Plasticote spray looks easy to use if you look at youtube videos but I’ve not tried it myself.

I bought some black chrome vinyl wrap for my badge but haven't braved it yet!

4 hours ago, Berisford said:

DSC00759a.JPG

Please forgive my stupidity, but what am I looking at here? I can’t see a badge 😁 should I be able to?!

On 24/08/2019 at 08:59, TheRoq said:

I debadged my lettering, looks much cleaner.

The new cars will be even better, no badge on the back at all.

6 minutes ago, Ness1812 said:

Please forgive my stupidity, but what am I looking at here? I can’t see a badge 😁 should I be able to?!

• 1 month later...
On 23/08/2019 at 13:28, Roottootemoot said:

Plenty will get Debadged easily while others 'Badge Up their older cars with the Naff IMO lettering.   Strange world.

The dealer showed my mrs the new one with the lettering and the old one with the badge and she said she preferred the badge. He said ‘what can we do for you to get you to order the car?’ She said take the lettering off:  ‘well if you buy it we can take the lettering off for you and put a badge on’

When she turned up for the hand over it still had the lettering, she wasn’t too pleased... Other than that she loves it. 

They'll struggle to put the badge on, those that have the badge fitted from the factory have a recess in the boot lid that the badge sits in.

This recess was removed when they moved from the badge to the lettering.