Closest size comparisons to Kodiaq

Hi all

curious to know what people think their kodiaq compares to in size vs other manufacturers models. 

Is it the big cars like:

X5

Q7

Toureg

or mid sized SUV like:

X3

Q5

Tiguan

Where does it sit?? Is the idea that Kodiaq is like the bigger models and Karoq is mid-size?

thanks

Both I guess!

good shout on volvos. XC90 is massive so I’d expect it to blow most cars out the water

xc60 is probably similar? 

Looks like kodiaq is similar size to VW Tiguan AllSpace, bigger than the regular Tiguan tho. 

Edited by ChinChiminey85

It's definitely not BMW X5, Audi Q7 or VW Toureg sized.

It is based on the Tiguan so the Kodiaq is very much in BMW X3, Audi Q5 and Volvo XC60 territory.

A generous interior in a small footprint has always been Skoda's trump card.

Have gone from a Touareg via Alhambra to a Kodiaq. Apart from torque I don’t miss it at all, and space wise there isn’t much in it tbh.

kodiaq is a direct competitor for discovery sport, Tiguan allspace, Seat Tarraco, Peugeot 5008.

Has more space than a q5 or x3, but overall not as big as an x5 or q7

15 hours ago, ChinChiminey85 said:

If the above is correct it’s impressive the Kodiaq has the same boot space capacity as an X5 in terms of litres! 

Yep, it's always been Skoda's niche, something they focus a lot on and do very well at.

Have to say I did a LOT of research/testing before I opted for the Kodiaq.

Imo the above is spot on.  The interior of the Kodiaq felt more spacious than the following alternatives I looked at:

Tiguan Allspace

Tarraco

Honda CRV

The first 2 really surprised me as I thought there would be next to nothing in it.

Appreciate it's all subjective, but those were my findings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xspartx said:

Have to say I did a LOT of research/testing before I opted for the Kodiaq.

Imo the above is spot on.  The interior of the Kodiaq felt more spacious than the following alternatives I looked at:

Tiguan Allspace

Tarraco

Honda CRV

The first 2 really surprised me as I thought there would be next to nothing in it.

Appreciate it's all subjective, but those were my findings.

Style, fashion, colour, etc are all "subjective" - but the tape measure and the seat count aren't. Just hard facts.

We're all biased on here of course. And why not?

Skoda's are very roomy and provide one of the biggest Bangs For Your Buck in the car market.

One of my boys is coveting the new 300 PS F Pace Sport, but if you spec one up to Kodiaq levels it just gets $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I fully expect to replace this Kodiaq with another in 2020 and I've never done that before.

As an aside, someone in my street has just replace an Audi A6 Avant with a Tarraco. That says something. (not sure what)

50 minutes ago, BoxerBoy said:

Style, fashion, colour, etc are all "subjective" - but the tape measure and the seat count aren't. Just hard facts.

We're all biased on here of course. And why not?

Skoda's are very roomy and provide one of the biggest Bangs For Your Buck in the car market.

One of my boys is coveting the new 300 PS F Pace Sport, but if you spec one up to Kodiaq levels it just gets $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I fully expect to replace this Kodiaq with another in 2020 and I've never done that before.

As an aside, someone in my street has just replace an Audi A6 Avant with a Tarraco. That says something. (not sure what)

Well I didn't get my tape measure out so can't verify one way or the other! 

I would say though that the space difference was very noticeable.  Whilst I was looking at the Allspace (is the roof lower?- felt it) I jumped into a Touareg and whilst it was appreciably a bigger car, going back to a Kodiaq (round the corner) didn't feel as though I was in a mini.

I am under no illusions that the Kodiaq , whilst big for it's class, isn't massive compared to some other 4x4's, but it is certainly a big enough car for 99% of people, and equally as importantly feels it. 

8 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Or they've realised the four rings don't justify the premium, or that the stigma BMW drivers have suffered from over the years is moving over to Audi :D

I thought current Audi drivers were former BMW drivers judging by their driving style. No indicators fitted at the factory and tailgating mandatory.:whew:

• Haha 2