Felicia Throttle Body Cleaning.

Throttle body cleaning on 1.3L MPI engines:

!! Always make sure to perform a Throttle body reset after cleaning!! 

Video tutorials for MAF/IAT and crankshaft sensors will follow soon, as well as a video tutorial on how to reset the throttle body. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Would this help with ever so slight changes in idle RPM or "hanging" after releasing the go-pedal? (RPM stays high for a second or so after taking your foot off)

The car has only 60000kms, but of course it's 25 years old. I dealt with carburetted engines before and when i had "hanging" it was usually due to extra air getting into the intake. but I'd expect an ECU to compensate for that so it should not be noticeable...? I'm just guessing, never tried to troubleshoot injected engines before. 

(maybe it's normal for Skoda 1,3 MPI and i do not know what to expect... The only other car i had with "this" engine was a 1977 S100, but that's a very different animal :D ... my other injected car a 1.4 Opel Astra F (single point injection) does not do such uneven idle or "hangs". Neither do (or did) my carbureted cars. 

Should i move this to a separate topic or can it stay here as part of the guide? 

• 6 months later...