Fabia: How to fit a Jabba 23mm Anti Roll Bar

Tom_vRS

@Stu - yep that would be correct, the car just feels wrong without it :eek:

Did you find yours knocked at all, as I'm getting concerned mine isn't quite right -

will bring the camera along when we do mine, it's likely to be a little while due to a very busy looking schedule at work next week :(

Let's hope we can find that annoying noise at the front of the car as well though, as it's driving me nutz

Mine's been getting some abuse.

Following my crash I've been a little cautious with my cornering but have recently found more confidence in throwing it around bends. Found a roundabout near me can now be taken at 30mph in 3rd, rather than 20mph in 2nd, and I turn in too much it actually digs in and steers in too. :eek: :thumbup: awesome! :cool:

Just returned from a little drive out this eening to 'test' the new setup and I am very pleased. The car just seems flat and 'planted' into and of corners.

No obvious knocking although my car has always had a knocking from underneath which I can only assume is the exhaust. I think it may all be down to the fitting and ensuring it is done with the car on the right level.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought the bar second hand and it looked a little tatty' date=' so I had a scour on [url']www.yell.com[/url] for local powder coaters. I got the bar shot blasted and recoated in "semi-gloss black" for the princely sum of £25.

10) Go for a drive. I guarantee the first bend taken at "spirited" pace will leave you with a smile on your face!:D

I am a bit of a numpty, but feel fairly competant doing such simple tasks - give it a go, but don't stretch yourself beyond your abilities.

do you feel any difference?what does it help with and what did you personaly felt what it helped to you.

thanks

ivan

I'm an office bod so unless it has a mouse i'm pretty much fooooked. How much woudl it cost for the bar and rough price for a mechanic to fit. I know its a difficult one but there are plenty of local garages in merseyside amd I know the ones taht dont rip you off.

My VRS is 7 days old and I know we have got good times ahead

Jabba ARB group buy now on.....check out the Promotions section.

On my PD100 I decided to have a little experiment last night. Perfectly round roundabout about 20m in diameter. Had it to myself so decide to try out a speed test (CG Lock fitted to drivers seat belt)

- 30mph no probs, very stable no under or oversteer even if lifting off.

- 40mph degree of body roll but still very stable

- 45mph understeering commencing (front tyres (Toyo T1-R) figthing for grip and wear on outside edge of nearside noted) but easily controllable, back off very predicatable and gentle oversteer.

Personally there was more there to be had, but

a) I was begining to feel sick!

B) 45mph is mental enough!

Not noticed any knocking even under extreme loading (phyiscal and speed bumps), so I wonder if its positioning of the bushes? Also of interest is that it seems to ride speed bumps better, smoother as if it spreading the load(?) true for both types (sausage and ravolli).

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Regarding the last couple of pictures there, when I put mine on, when taking the jacks and axle stands out, the car didn't tilt to the side like that.

It was perfectly level with the car only jacked up on one side.

You shouldn't fit the bar with the car lifted on one side as it introduces an 'un-natural' twist in the ARB.

The ARB should be fitted with the weight of the car on the suspension.

Fabia-vrs.com - Jabbasport Rear Anti Roll Bar

Stu's link is way better (sorry...!)

Plus - dont use the scissor jacks - they are very prone to warping etc... not good...

Stu's link is way better (sorry...!)

Plus - dont use the scissor jacks - they are very prone to warping etc... not good...

Oh, thanks!!! :mad:

I do however agree ;) . My guide was more to show just how simple it is to fit, rather than being a professional cover-all-angles kind of guide.

However, as the 2 bushes are lubricated, the bar is free to move and settle how it wants, so I see no reason in this instance why the car needs to be level.

I do however agree ;) . My guide was more to show just how simple it is to fit, rather than being a professional cover-all-angles kind of guide.

However, as the 2 bushes are lubricated, the bar is free to move and settle how it wants, so I see no reason in this instance why the car needs to be level.

No offense intended buddy... :)

Its not really to do with the bushes more doing the bolts up at either end. If the beam and therefore the bar is tightened up when the beam is twisting (which is will be when its jacked up on one side) when you let it down it will twist the anti roll bar.

• 2 months later...

The link on fabia-vrs has gone down.

What do you mean should be done with the weight of the car on the suspension? Meaning you should fit without it being jacked up? This is possible? Possible to fit the ARB without the car being jacked?

It's my fault, I've corrected the link now - Fabia-vrs.com - Jabbasport Rear Anti Roll Bar

What is meant is that you need to have the weight of the car on the rear beam, this can be done by lowering onto axle stands or by using a drive on ramp.

Excellent set of instructions Stu, i've printed them off to use when i get mine, cant wait! :thumbup:

Where's the best place to jack up the rear of the car with a trolly jack? I know not to jack the rear beam and i can't do it on the spring cups as that's where the axle stands will go....

• 3 weeks later...

A mate fitted mine 6 months back, but I've just sold my car and am adopting my partners vRS and have so swapped any good bits over before she goes. I found the ARB easier to fit without jacking it up at all. I just reversed onto two bricks placed over the edge of where my garden slopes away, making it easy to get under. When I removed the bolts for the dampers they weren't under any tension at all, popped the ARB on one side loose, fitted it to the other side and the dampers could be pushed easily to align the bolts by hand. Fitted the clamps around the beam and then did a full tighten. Whole refitting process took me under 20 minutes.