Oil leak

So it seems a have an oil leak.

Jacked up the car took the under tray off and there was puddles of oil on it and the back of the engine was rather wet to say the least.

A cleaned it all with brake cleaner started the engine let it run but a  couldn't find were it was coming from any ideas please.

It's all down the back ,driveshafts ,turbo, bellhousing, manifolds, just about everything was covered in oil so am stuck haven't a clue were it's all coming from any suggestions please.

9 minutes ago, Taximan1978 said:

A cleaned it all with brake cleaner started the engine let it run but a  couldn't find were it was coming from any ideas please.

Give it time and you'll know. Better yet, if you cleaned the engine, attach some paper tissues around the engine and lubrication system accessories.

You didn't mention the obvious: the oil level dropped?

• Like 1

I've got a similar problem and I've identified it as the rear of the rocker cover gasket, pull off the plastic engine cover and see if the back of the rocker cover gasket appears wet.  Mines in the garage currently have this looked at and another few issues

On 12/09/2019 at 00:04, RicardoM said:

Give it time and you'll know. Better yet, if you cleaned the engine, attach some paper tissues around the engine and lubrication system accessories.

You didn't mention the obvious: the oil level dropped?

+1 on this seems very rudimentary but this is how I found it on my old XC90. No need for expensive garage fees!

Yeah, it is rudimentary but all faults need some sort of "witnesses" to pinpoint the cause. I am not aware of an "official" oil leak detector other than UV die which is far more expensive and harder to detect than paper tissues.

• Like 1

A have a mobile mechanic who is a friend coming on Sunday to help locate were this leak is coming from well should a say try and find were this leak is coming from.

Judging by the size of the puddles of oil on the under tray am hoping it's not that hard to find but wait and see.

Good luck lol it's a miracle a need.

Ordered the gasket from a well known auto discount store this morning 1&1/2 hours later it turned up guess what WRONG 1 another 1 came wrong 1 and another 1 came and guess what WRONG 1 again so all 3 turned up and all wrong brilliant so tomorrow am going over with my gasket to get the right 1 hopefully.

They all had the right part numbers on but the gasket inside was wrong so here's for tomorrow.

Why don't you get from direct from Skoda? 

A gasket won't be that expensive, and it's probably better to get something so important from Skoda if your supplier have messed up so many times.

I've never had a problem with GSF

Screenshot_20190916-193754_Chrome.jpg

Edited by GizmoThor8303
Screenshot