Weird central lock issue

Walia

Hi,

I'm having a very weird minor issue with the centra locking system of my late 2010 Fabia (MK2, 545)

A couple of days ago, when locking or unlocking the doors the sound changed. (it is a bit difficult to explain, but normally it was a "click clack", now is more like "click clack click click")
All doors locking seems to work properly (all of them lock and unlock with either the remote, using the keyhole in the driver door, or with the console button).

But the weird thing is that when turning the key in the ignition the doors try again to unlock themselves with those several clicks.

(I haven't done anything to the car in a few months, and have never mingled with the locks or doors, so whatever it is, is not a side-effect of maintenance)

Does anybody have some idea what the issue may be?

Sorry no idea what is up, Fabia electrics and shorts in wiring looms are a mystery to me.

So next question which likely has nothing to do with anything is,

what difference does a single click or double click make sound wise on your car now, and do you do single or double clicks normally?

?

What is a Fabia mk2 '545',   it is the 545 bit i am meaning?

Edited by Roottootemoot

8 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

So next question is what difference does a single click or double click make sound wise on your car now, and do you do single or double clicks normally?

I didn't get you there. Do you mean the difference in the sound if I click the remote twice to close consecutively?

8 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

What is a Fabia mk2 '545',   it is the 545 bit i am meaning?

The combi/estate version, meaning longer back. The full model type is "545 1F4"

Edited by Walia
added more info about type
  • Haha 1

If the doors are locked, and I click in the remote again to lock them, the car only blinks.

But if the doors are unlocked, and I click the remote again to unlock them, the locks try to unlock again.
It would seem like if it cannot tell when the locks are unlocked.

If you try to look pre-locked doors, nothing happens to the locks,  you mean. Try doing it and then, again after a few seconds. I have noticed if you try to lock doors you have already locked, its like they know so do nothing but do it again, they re-try.

It might be worth locking from the centre console, opening from the door handle etc, to see if you can kind of get back to normal. You will need to use the door handle twice-once to unlock, twice to then open the door.

It sounds as if you may have activated a feature such as anti- hijack or something. Are you sure the doors are trying to unlock and not actually lock again?

5 hours ago, Walia said:

If the doors are locked, and I click in the remote again to lock them, the car only blinks.

But if the doors are unlocked, and I click the remote again to unlock them, the locks try to unlock again.
It would seem like if it cannot tell when the locks are unlocked.

It does not sound out of the ordinary, mine does the same. It's to do with the single point locking, so its checking all the doors are unlcoked.

Thanks for the answers guys.

On 14/09/2019 at 19:05, mrgf said:

If you try to look pre-locked doors, nothing happens to the locks,  you mean.

Correct.

On 14/09/2019 at 19:05, mrgf said:

Are you sure the doors are trying to unlock and not actually lock again?

Checked: they are opened after ignition (the outer handle opens the doors just fine)

I tried a few things, including removing the fuse for the "convenience system control unit" and unplugging the battery. Did not help.
It seems to me there is either some sensor not working somewhere, some broken cable, or similar.

Anyhow, as everything just works fine (apart from the unnecessary attempt to open the doors on ignition and the extra clicks when opening) I think i will just let it be.

If later I find out what was the reason I'll post it here.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

The issue continue without any change during this time.

Today I run a diagnostic fault search on the car, and I show this one:

09 Central Electrics

System description: PQ25 BCM    
    Software number: 6R7937086F
    Software version: 0017
    Hardware number: 6R7937086B
    Hardware version: H10

Subsystems:
        System description: J386__TSG_FT
        Software number: 6R0959801M
        Software version: 3210
        Hardware version: 002

System description: J387__TSG_BT
        Software number: 6R0959802P
        Software version: 3210
        Hardware version: 002

Trouble codes:
        03301 - Return message regarding driver door closing condition

Implausible signal
            static

So I'm left wondering if it may be a faulty sensor, or a faulty cable perhaps
Anybody has a clue?

Edited by Walia

As all seems to be working, try looking at the wiring inside the door loom, to see if any wires are fractured. They may be part fractured, giving a live feed, to a lesser degree. (Trying to give the voltage down some wires, whilst some of them are broken, might be harder work for the power to travel easily).

If you find a fractured one, try pinching it tighter or fixing it, then see if the issue is still there.

You could also try opening and closing the doors with the key in the door lock, going up and down with the windows, so you know you held on long enough.

On 14/09/2019 at 22:43, UrbanPanzer said:

It does not sound out of the ordinary, mine does the same. It's to do with the single point locking, so its checking all the doors are unlcoked.

Recently when taking mine to an auto electrician he realised that my rear drivers side door doesn't lock, The latch engages and you hear it attempt to lock however it doesn't lock.

7 hours ago, Mickmartin said:

Recently when taking mine to an auto electrician he realised that my rear drivers side door doesn't lock, The latch engages and you hear it attempt to lock however it doesn't lock.

Perhaps the system needs s good cleaning. I wold be careful what you use though as I used something like WD40 (Which I usually swear by) On my boot pop and afterwards, it just started going off like a machine gun, pop-pop-pop-pop until after a number of pops, it opened the tailgate. PITA. I had to fit a new one.  I have often wondered if I had subsequently cleaned the old one up again with electrical contact cleaner, would it work properly!!! Put it in storage and never tried!