After Oil change servicing my car Chokes,shakes and make some strange noise when starting for the first time.

On 16/09/2019 at 11:36, automass said:

Edited: it looks like oil is bit too much. I mean more than the mark.

IMG_20190916_120457.jpg

I would expect the correct level to be between the top and bottom of the flat rough section. That looks much higher.

And new car engine oil is always golden yellow. It goes black when it gets dirty.

Edited by Rodge

On 15/09/2019 at 20:39, automass said:

But I have never seen such brown colour of diesel car's engine oil. I had last service on April'19 and that engine oil was also blak-ish. couldn't find what oil they used from the invoice. 

Invoice.jpg

Trans City, Hoe St? I probably walked past your car where they park all their Skodas – up and down my street.

I used them a couple of times and didn't have a problem but I preferred using these:

https://www.expertvolkswagenaudi.co.uk/

If you're out of warranty then I'd go there instead.

• Like 1

Is it! probably yea. But I am not happy with the work they carried out. fuel consumption is pretty high. I think it is because of injector being clogged up. thanks for the link. probably i'll talk to them to get an idea about servicing charge.

Someone else mentioned this in a previous post, when I look at the photo of the dipstick, the first thing that strikes me is it is too high and has been overfilled? Has this been checked when you returned it to the skoda service dealership?

Is the car now starting properly following  the injector additive?

• Like 1

Do you mean the indicated fuel consumption or have you covered enough miles with a brim to brim check?

The battery should have been disconnected when the switches were changed, and the car ha been sitting ticking over a bit recently i would imagine.

Get the oil level checked correctly.

That is when stone cold and parked on the flat, then how it should be checked, 'At normal Operating Temperature', 

so that will be after driven at least 10 miles, nit just after sitting ticking over.

The Oil should be at the top of the cross hatch area or just above 

'At operating temperature',  Area A.  The diagrams are crap as so are the dipsticks.

w960_3927-184.png.f6438923d2fbc7549b92817bdbfa6a2f.png.75002ad58e3ac87e1e2fbe0c028e5ea4.png

w960_4095-227.png.b23b02239ceecffab9f7f4e945e494ff.png.7451973af9584629f32d9f306444fb34.png

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1

fuel filter has been changed 4 months ago during major servicing. There are no more knocking sounds. usually I can see in infotainment 36mpg.. I know it might not the correct one...but I will keep on checking.

BTW, if Oil level is higher than normal...what would be the downside of it and how can I correct it now if needed?

Downside is that you can blow seals if pretty overfilled, but when you read the owners manual you will see when it advises to have max oil in..

Over Alpine Passes in High Summer towing an elephant.

?

So where is the oil on the dipstick when the oil is stone cold and where is it when the oil at operating temperature.