L.E.D headlights

I have l.e.d rearlights on my 2019 Fabia Monte Carlo, l.e.d headlights were not selected as an option by the bloke that ordered the spec.

Is it just a case of l.e.d bulbs or complete headlight units and at what cost.

For those that are interested in "tuning" their lights;

I have the led and cornering leds in mine ant they are incredible probably better than most cars I have driven even the Audi matrix. As far as upgrading as the new ones only have normal reflectors it’s probably not the best to just put in leds. I imagine a swap would be possible but as with all retrofits would require some rewiring and coding. 

You may find that that the LED headlight replacement bulbs aren't legal in the UK and if spotted will also possibly fail the new MOT test

Edited by bigjohn

7 minutes ago, Dannyboy85 said:

Yet every other boy racer out there is blinding us with them. Haha

Tell me about it - I have the 32 mile each way commute from hell along a busy unlit single carriageway road where it’s obvious who’s fitted illegal retina burners – usually combined with blue side lights and ridiculous number plate lights

Edited by bigjohn

3 minutes ago, bigjohn said:

Tell me about it - I have the 32 mile each way commute from hell along a busy unlit single carriageway road where it’s obvious who’s fitted illegal retina burners – usually combined with blue side lights and ridiculous number plate lights

You forgot the number plate (front) is on the dash officer. Spoils the look of the front of the car dunnit.:bandit:

• Haha 2

I have thought of rigging up a clean shiny mirror that can drop down over the rear of the car.

This is automatically deployed if the person behind has headlights that are too bright.

Would this work? 😎

Thanks AG Falco

17 hours ago, AGFalco said:

I have thought of rigging up a clean shiny mirror that can drop down over the rear of the car.

This is automatically deployed if the person behind has headlights that are too bright.

Would this work? 😎

Thanks AG Falco

As long as the m.g's were synchronised to fire short bursts as well.

• Like 1

I have factory LEDs in my Ibiza, and they're amazing. I've been totally spoiled by them TBH, I don't think I could have a car without them now! I've been followed by plenty of cars with factory LEDs and they don't particularly bother me unless they're in an SUV and tailgating, it's the poorly designed aftermarket ones that cause problems.