Front Assist Radar Grill

New owner and I did wonder if I was missing this grill and after looking at other cars I am.

Anyone know how it's fitted. Does it just clip onto the radar unit or into the surrounding grill. 

Font assist does work fine on the face of it. I get the distance warning and had one event where it bleeps at me. But can it be checked with Vcds as I own a genuine version. 

Thanks. 

IMG_2961.PNG

10 hours ago, paulski said:

Anyone know how it's fitted. Does it just clip onto the radar unit or into the surrounding grill. 

It clips into the surrounding grill.

My second hand car was also missing this piece, I went to a main dealer (car bought at indie dealer) and they ordered the part for me. £13-something together with the boot hook, which my car only had on one side.

If you can see and touch the radar, a black square in the lower grill. You have pre-facelift car.

If you can see the grill patterns but not a box shaped opening for the radar, you are missing this piece.

My car is a MY14 Sep 2013 Elegance with ACC and front assist. Out of interest, what year and spec is your car? May be cars from around this time are all missing this piece?

Thanks for all replies. Car is MY16 SEL. 

I only have front assist no AAC. 

Photo below. Thought the radar looked a bit vulnerable when I got it. 

IMG_20191008_095713.jpg

Yep, that is the radar. Yes, you are missing the piece in first post.

Best thing to do is to buy from main dealer parts department, they'll be able to order the EXACT one for your car.

5 hours ago, Gabbo said:

Its not the best picture but you can see the surround on my car here if you zoom in:
MetalGrey_160125.jpg

Thank you can see how it should look now. I'm going to get the part asap to get the radar protected ahead of the gritting season! 

14 hours ago, paulski said:

Thank you can see how it should look now. I'm going to get the part asap to get the radar protected ahead of the gritting season! 

In the end it doesnt really provide a great deal of protection for the radar as the front plate is still exposed.

Did you buy it from a dealer or private?

If its from a dealer I would ask them why it is missing & to verify that the sensor alignment/calibration is correct. My first assumption would be it had popped off after a little bump to the front bumper.