Kamiq on Configurator is over £37800 with all options

SurreyJohn

Now the Kamiq is on UK configurator, just for a laugh I specced a fully loaded 1.6 diesel DSG with velvet red paintwork, silly wheels, heated electric leather seats, and just about every option possible and it was over £37,800

Is it just me, or does this seem a stupidly large amount of money,  and would anyone actually choose that over alternatives like Volvo XC40

(for simplicity I am comparing list prices, but would expect discounts on all brands)

I realise that most people will not choose everything, and adding over £11k to the base price is silly (even if BMW and Audi drivers often do this), but it does show how the SE-L spec is missing so much that would come as standard on higher up models of Kodiaq etc that it can be added on as a cost option.

Some Skoda Dealership Sales Executives will spec up pretty high cars when allowed and drive them for 3 months / 3,000 miles or more, 

keeping out of the grubby hands of potential customers if they can.

Skoda / VW will have some bought by themselves, or loaned out cheaply just to show there are First Registrations of top models with high spec.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.

Spec it up, order it in, lease it out to some special people and give good Manufacturers & Dealers contributions and the deposit and drip drip monthly can be low enough.

Low annual milage etc.

Maybe not many will sell at that price to Individuals, to private buyers, but some will, it is amazing what people get a car upto once sitting at a salespersons desk with a Coffee / Tea and a friend across the desk showing what they can have for the trade in, and what they need to pay to change, and where are you going on holiday?

and at that price they will sell to VWF & other Lease Companies and Motability, except they do not pay that to purchase them.

13 minutes ago, Eddie-NL said:

I just built what i would want and it came to £30k, they must be mad thinking they can sell them for that.

Our Karoq SEL will be 2 years old next January and it was £23,500 new and has everything a sane human being needs/wants a medium sized family car to do. The only extra we picked was the Metallic paint.:thumbup:

7 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Our Karoq SEL will be 2 years old next January and it was £23,500 new and has everything a sane human being needs/wants a medium sized family car to do. The only extra we picked was the Metallic paint.:thumbup:

I think they have raised the price of the Karoq since the launch

I just built a Karoq with a similar spec to the Kamiq and it was just under, so makes no sense unless they offer large discounts

• Like 1

I hate to say, but do Bear poo in the woods?

Are Skoda / SEAT just a VW and offers are us?

RRP's for idiots.

After Brexit do you think so many high RRP cars will be imported if the tariffs if there are tariffs are on the Retail Prices?

It would be stupid to bring in the cars that are going to be Pre Reg / Demonstrators at high price and extra tariff before 'discounting' as Pre Reg / Nearly New.

Yes, been waiting patiently to see the specs. Was stunned at how much was missing from the mid range SE model. To get what I wanted (as pretty much standard on mid and top range Aircross, Captur T-Cross) it added another 5 grand. Way more than their prices. I wonder if the all praising journalists who don't pay for their cars will pick up on this in their reviews! Okay, I know many will say it's a better car and it may well be, but it still has to compete with then surely, especially with a Skoda name tag. It's costing more than an equivalent Audi on PCP !!

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.  If an SE isn't the right spec for someone then why the heck would anyone head to an extensive options list when they can buy an SE-L?

And if a car manufacturer offers little or no options then the same people would complain. Seems like folk just like a good moan.  If anything I'd suggest the options list is a little too long - remember this is a small city/town car to be used for short journeys, spending hours on a motorway is not it's environment.

I've looked at a 1.0 SE-L on the configurator ( at list price - there's always discounts available with Skoda ). Seems a well speccified car for £21.180  Or  put it another way, people may think the car is too expensive, so what's the alternative? What else are you going to buy and how much is that going to cost? And how well speccified is that?  And if it is cheaper then the solution is simple - buy that instead of a Kamiq.

My guess is this car will sell well.

Edited by Guest

A City / Urban Adventure transport.  A SUV with option of 10mm lower supension.

A lifestyle vehicle.

Hardly some small City car or in the City car class.   

My guess is the car will sell well new to VWF and other Lease Companies & lease well. 

If not Skoda / VW will just Pre-reg them and sell used.

As to those buying a keeper, maybe eventually, maybe those used 2 year old ex lease / fleet cars.

Someone at Skoda / VW writes this stuff.

Designed to get on and off kerbs, and drive into City Parks.  Ability to switch off all the warning stuff when in traffic as it will be bleeping and warning constantly, slamming on the brakes, flashing hazard lights etc.

There should be an Ikea version with roof bars fitted to the roof rails as standard.

'One of the biggest in it's class.'

A New class,  City SUV class, not a Suburban Utility Vehicle or a Sports Utility Vehicle, it is a Skoda Urban Vehicle AKA a car.

More usefull might be a Combi Life / Rifter / Berlingo, higher up, sliding rear doors, more storage, 5 or 7 seats.

Even more options...

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1

Waited for the configurator to go live, disappointed in standard spec and prices of options of SEL, not the usual Skoda VFM, VW T-Cross works out cheap.  Also Kamiq does not look like an SUV to me, was looking to change from a Yeti.

Only advantage has 1.5 engine option unlike T-Cross, which some have reported as underpowered.

On 16/10/2019 at 09:31, TR7Driver said:

Waited for the configurator to go live, disappointed in standard spec and prices of options of SEL, not the usual Skoda VFM, VW T-Cross works out cheap.  Also Kamiq does not look like an SUV to me, was looking to change from a Yeti.

Only advantage has 1.5 engine option unlike T-Cross, which some have reported as underpowered.

if you want a yeti size go for a Karoq. The Kamiq is the same size as a VW golf But is higher. Classed as a Hatchback not an estate

It is also worth noting that the Skoda Kamiq has a longer wheelbase than the Arona and T-Roc. The boot is the same size though, so the extra space is likely to benefit the rear seat passengers.

Rear seat and boot space has always been Skoda's niche.

Surprising to read that the interior quality (less scratchy plastics) is rated higher in the Kamiq than that pf the T-Roc.

Edited by silver1011

I too was looking on the configurator for my daughter and speced up a high spec SE and SEL - SEL was slightly cheaper than SE... but still 32K....

My Karoq has more on it for less money and is 4x4...

My on order Kodiaq L&K has conciderably more  for the same price (discounted).... so maybe 3 to 4K more than the Kamiq.. after discount.

4x4, full cameras, larger, 7 seats, bigger engine, electric seats, ....

Yes - something seems wrong in the pricing model with Kamiq.... nice to have lots of options ... but too much money.... not sure whether the base car should be lower price or options cheaper... or both...

But a fully loaded car in the Kamiq should be less than a fully loaded Karoq, which should also be less than a fully loaded Kodiaq

Edited by SimonAudi
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 19:22, dcweather said:

Yes, been waiting patiently to see the specs. Was stunned at how much was missing from the mid range SE model. To get what I wanted (as pretty much standard on mid and top range Aircross, Captur T-Cross) it added another 5 grand. Way more than their prices. I wonder if the all praising journalists who don't pay for their cars will pick up on this in their reviews! Okay, I know many will say it's a better car and it may well be, but it still has to compete with then surely, especially with a Skoda name tag. It's costing more than an equivalent Audi on PCP !!

Looked at it again and doesn't seem quite as bad now there are some discounts available. SEL Kamiq now appears comparable or slightly cheaper than SEL T-Cross on PCP, possibly higher final payment helping and higher deposit contribution. Auto folding door mirrors which I think is one of the more useful options are not standard even on this high spec model. Other massive downside for me is only available with 18" wheels.

On 15/10/2019 at 10:12, Scot5 said:

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.  If an SE isn't the right spec for someone then why the heck would anyone head to an extensive options list when they can buy an SE-L?

.....................................................................................................

Because you have to have the awful 18" wheels on an SEL which will give you a terrible bumpy ride and I'm not making that mistake again. Why oh why don't they allow a downgrade?