DVSA Safety Recall on some 2019 1.5 TSI. best check.

Ootohere

19 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Is this recall part of the whole 1.5 TSI saga, or a separate issue I wonder?

There has been an online article that said this is the same issue that has been reported for quite some time - its just a case of Skoda/VAG being forced to accept that it is a recall issue, not just something to be looked at when a customer complains or when it is annual service time. 

• Like 2

It was never an issue with all cars.

Sadly there are members here and others that have recieved new cars in the past weeks that have issues.

Strange to sort what was being called a characteristic before the need for a fix, and then put out a new Media car pre launch with a characteristic a respected motoring journalist reckons that a software update might fix.

I was talking to a Skoda salesperson today on why i have ordered a 1.0TSI Kamiq as i can get a Karoq 1.5TSI which i like.

I told him i just need the 1.0TSI and the Kamiq, he said plenty 1.5TSI Karoq available right now, i can get one next week.

I said yes demand not great and it is a bit overblown on the issues with the 1.5TSI's. His reply was that if there is issues the SoftwareUpdate sorts it out.

Nice, just not saying the issue is resolved, Now a 7 year warranty offered and VW have faith in their products.

I might end up with a Karoq yet.

& it will be a Green one.

DSCN4267.JPG

DSCN4271.JPG

Edited by Roottootemoot

This seems to be the recall action on my Kodiaq (built May ‘19). 

I’m told it’s a software update to correct low acceleration, which I guess is the ‘kangarooing’ affect people have reported. Haven’t noticeably experienced it myself, so hopefully it’ll just be a quick trip in for the update to be applied and off again. 

@Hendohimself

Is it not better to not have the Software Update carried out, especially on a vehicle performing as it should with no issues.

that is unless Skoda says your warranty might be void.

If they do say that, then they need to be giving some

'Peace of mind guarantee that if Updates are done and it ruins a vehicle, they will take full responsibility.'.  Financial Liability.  

Nobody should take a vehicle into a Main Dealership to get a Service or some work with it running good and then a software update intoduces a Characteristic that was not present before.

RE

Recall campaigns or Service Campaign compliance. 

If they are Contactiong you then that is that, if you do not know, then not really a 'Recall or a Recall Action.  It is a Skoda Secret Service Campaign..

Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 14.04.13.png

Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 14.04.52.png

Edited by Roottootemoot

I got my note on this last week. Booked in for the 18th

Had intermittant issues with mine. Mines an auto, so no kangerooing, just zero response from the pedal sometimes, for perhaps as long as 10 seconds. Other indication of something going on when this happens is the revs drop very low, maybe 500rpm, you can hear the engine is struggling.

So they're blaming the alternator load?

quote from the letter i recieved

Safety Recall: 24EV - Engine control unit

!!Action required!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Skoda Auto has found that on vehicles with 1.51 TSI EVO 110kW engine with 180 ampere alternator of a limited production period, too little torque may be provided by the engine at low engine speeds. This torque is used up by the auxiliary drive (e.g. alternator, air conditioning compressor) so that too little engine torque is provided for acceleration. This can lead to poor accelerator response when pulling away and delayed acceleration. Depending on the traffic situation, there may be a risk of an accident if acceleration is unexpectedly not available.

For safety reasons a check of your vehicle is necessary.

In the first instance, we ask that you contact your local SKODA authorised repairer as soon as possible to make an appointment. The SKODA authorised repairer closest to you can be found on https://tools.skoda.co.uk/find-a-retailer (or use the QR code above). Should you have any further concerns you can also contact our dedicated SKODA Customer Services Team who are available to help on 0800 093 0065.

The work required will of course be carried out free-of-charge and will take approximately 1 hour. Please note for organisational reasons the SKODA Authorised Repairer may require your vehicle for longer, they will advise you of this at the time of booking.

Please bring this letter and your service schedule (if available) with you when you visit your SKODA authorised repairer, so that we can update your records accordingly.

Even if this unscheduled workshop visit causes you inconvenience, we hope that you will understand that this important precautionary measure is necessary.

The registered keeper details for this safety recall mailing are provided by the DVLA. If you are no longer the owner of this vehicle you should inform the DVLA of the new owneris details or if the vehicie has been scrapped or written off. Information on how to do this can be found at www.gov.uk/browse/driving/numbeep]@te.

I would like to thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Yours sincerely,

Edited by PoloGaz

Hi all had the 24 EV upgrade done yesterday, Wednesday 6/11/2019. As it is the wife's car I only got to drive it today 'cos it needs petrol....initial impressions are that it does pick up a little better with more low down torque, SWMBO hadn't noticed any difference but she drives with more throttle than I do.

• 3 weeks later...

My update was done on the 18th as planned.

First impressions are, it hasn’t done it again.

Weather has been milder so I haven’t been using the full array of electricals, so we’ll see I guess once we get another cold spell. It was more or less a daily occurrence when the temp dropped to around zero a couple of weeks ago.

Other than that I can’t say much as I’ve not put many miles on this month

Had mine done and its transformed the car! 

No more juddering or almost stalling when pulling away when cold.

I didn't get an official notification, but as I was getting winter tyres fitted, I asked. They checked on their system and it was flagged for my car (Mar 2019 1.5  TSi Edition).

Recommend checking with your dealer and getting it done. 

On 22/10/2019 at 19:47, Roottootemoot said:

DSCN4267.JPG

Looks like Dundee? Some co-incidence if it is.

When I requested prices via Carwow, Dundee replied with one of the cheapest quotes but just on one particular spec - I think it was 1.0tsi SE-L.  So if you want a 1.0L...