New Octavia 2020 vRS?

uno234

15 hours ago, ahenners said:

There is nothing stopping or banning people from commuting despite lockdown.

If stopped they might get asked why they cannot work from home - Devon & Cornwall Police are stopping cars on some of the main routes into their area and asking the purpose of the journey.

2 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

If stopped they might get asked why they cannot work from home - Devon & Cornwall Police are stopping cars on some of the main routes into their area and asking the purpose of the journey.

It's not something I've seen personally here in Lancashire or via local police social media, but I'd imagine it should be a short conversation for those with a valid reason. I'd expect it to be targeting those who aren't making essential journeys rather than verifying those commuting don't have an alternative.

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1

Those with the new VRS, how are you finding the cloth seats? It seems to be a big step backwards there is no leather or half leather option currently. My MK3 has leather (pleather?) on the front seat backs, centre seat in back, sides of the back seats etc. all areas where the kids seem to put greasy hands or muddy feet. Wipes clean no problem and concerned the cloth will be a lot harder to keep clean. 

Seat materials is such a can of worms. Expect a pile on by those that swear by leather/cloth/microsuede! I suppose it depends on how you use it, whether you have kids and if they eat/drink in car, where you live and if you have certain options eg heated or ventilated seats etc

Agree it's very subjective and everyone will have their own preferences. It seems in other European markets, there is an option for half leather/half alcantara centres which seems ideal. I'm hoping this will be offered here too. More choice can only be a better thing.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Agree it's very subjective and everyone will have their own preferences. It seems in other European markets, there is an option for half leather/half alcantara centres which seems ideal. I'm hoping this will be offered here too. More choice can only be a better thing.

I think the SEL is half leather/half microseude by default with the option to go full leather. I read somewhere you don’t get the dashboard covered in microsuede if you go the full leather route so I stuck with the default.

Our vRS for some reason is not getting the alcantara seats with massage function option that seems to be available in most other regions. Can’t be a RHD thing because Ireland is getting them. 

8 hours ago, JordanKA said:

Guys can anybody tell me where the difference between octavia IV and octavia VRS IV comes from? 
On paper petrol engine And electric motor have same horse power and torque ratings.

In the UK, the IV has 201bhp combined and the VRS IV has 242 bhp. 258 lb ft in the IV plays 295 lb ft in the VRS IV for torque.

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, JordanKA said:

Yea right , but where does this difference come from?

The petrol hybrid uses a smaller 1.4 litre engine whereas the more powerful petrol only Vrs uses a 2.0 litre engine for greater performance with more power and torque. In my 2017 Vrs245 which has the same basic engine when put on a rolling road it actually produced 249bhp (Skoda claim 242bhp) and 400nm (Skoda claim 370nm) of torque.