Predictive cruise control in Superb facelift?

Hi all. I have a 2016 Mk3 Superb L&K which I've had since new. Fantastic car, absolutely can't fault it. But recently my dealer called me in for an 'account review' as my PCP is coming to an end, and the visit ended up in my ordering a new facelift L&K with a pretty substantial discount. It looks as though it'll be built in 2 weeks' time.

I know I'll get the new mod cons like the virtual cockpit, but whilst perusing the manual online today, it seems that the adaptive cruise control can react to speed limits and bends. This hasn't been communicated to me by the dealer, nor is it in the brochure or features list, but a quick look online does indeed reveal that the facelift Superb has predictive cruise control, if you have traffic sign recognition, which I have opted for.

Can anyone confirm this? I've searched the forums but can't find anything. It's super exciting if it does, and a bonus I didn't expect!

Edited by grebble

31 minutes ago, grebble said:

Great stuff, thanks Panmat! The dealer reckons I should have the car before Christmas, so hopefully not too long to wait 🙂

Makes two should be getting another new one before Christmas

17 hours ago, vade04 said:

Grebble

When was yours ordered?

My SEL was ordered end of Sept and the dealer advised me build week end of November. I am hoping it wont be registered until very early 2020

I ordered mine on the 18th October. The sales guy said there was a 4-month lead time, but then he emailed me last week to say it was scheduled to be built w/c 18th November, which was a nice surprise, especially as my current one in 2016 took the full 4 months from order to delivery.

• 2 months later...

Hi, would anyone know if predictive cruise control uses navi for determining speed or sign recognition? I have a feeling that it decreases the speed in Slovenia based on maps and there are some new sections where the road was changed and now the speed is different. Is there a way to set what it should obey? Thank you all!

Yes it does. So when you are on a motorway which was opened recently there is a huge probability Skoda still hasn't updated its map and car will slow down to 50 kmph because it thinks it is on different road... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timanfaya said:

Yes it does. So when you are on a motorway which was opened recently there is a huge probability Skoda still hasn't updated its map and car will slow down to 50 kmph because it thinks it is on different road... 

and here I thought they are clever and use visual sign recognition 😩. Thank you for the answer.

Does TSR pick up the actual road sign or does it work off sat nav maps? Mine only seems to recognise speed limit signs which makes me think it is the latter.

I have a facelift 2019 Superb. How do you know if it has PCC rather than ACC? I don't tend to use ACC other than on dual carriageway/motorways

4 minutes ago, vade04 said:

Does TSR pick up the actual road sign or does it work off sat nav maps? Mine only seems to recognise speed limit signs which makes me think it is the latter.

I have a facelift 2019 Superb. How do you know if it has PCC rather than ACC? I don't tend to use ACC other than on dual carriageway/motorways

If you check out page 3 on my thread Living With a Sportline Plus 272 which is a pre-facelift model 19 plate you can see the picture of Driver Assistance Settings which shows how to alter the ACC and then compare the screen on your later model under vehicle settings.:thinking:

PCC is available in FL models with signs recognition & navi.

However there are two options for PCC: it can read speed from signs and/or from navi. In my Superb only the latter is checked - so I can set 100 kmph outside the city and the car will be going 100 kmph unless there is a sharp bend and speed needs to be reduced.

• 6 months later...

My Superb 190TSI L & K was first registered 12 Dec 2019 and became mine in Feb 2020 and having hardly used in the months of lockdown during the last couple of days I suddenly noticed the predictive cruise and was very impressed. Driving routes that I know very well it was popping up messages about bends ahead and coming up with very comfortable speeds and achieving them for some of the tighter corners.

The car can access the web and I am assuming that it has installed in a recent update - or was it there all the time and I only recently accidentally turned it on!

I'm loving it either way!

• Like 1

The UK MY21 brochure and configurator is now live so I though I would check to see what differences there are between MY20 and MY21.

My car is due to be built w/c 10th August so I assume I will get a MY21 car.

Apart from the new steering wheel it seems there is not much between the 2 but I did notice a differnce in the PCC option.

I have on order an L & K iV with TSR added as a £90 option. I did this as I understood that this enabled full PCC which uses TSR and sat nav data.

It now seems there are 2 more option both costing £190, These are travel assist and travel assist/park assist.

It looks like you now need either of these options to get PCC or predictive adaptive cruise control as it is now known.

Its all very confusing ( to me anyway)

TSR.PNG

TA.PNG

TAPR.PNG