Kenwood DNX516DABS issues

Recently purchased 08 Skoda Superb with Kenwood DNX516DABS nav system, there are a few issues that I'm looking for help with before paying a garage for diagnostics. 

1. Vehicle info, climate status & parking distance icon's greyed out in settings. 

2. Rear camera fitted but does not engage when reversing. 

3. Unable to use volume or up/down switches on steering wheel. 

I presume I have to link car to system to read climate control etc? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the DNX521DAB in my 2010 superb which I fitted myself after purchasing the car and that required the kenwood canbus module and wiring harness to interface with the parking sensors, climatronic and steering wheel controls.

All are now displayed on the screen the same way as it was on the original head unit.

They are not cheap but the only option if you want it to work - I paid around £130 for mine on amazon (CAW-KIMUN1), apparently the later DNX525DAB has it built in - wish I'd known as the difference between the £500 I paid for the head unit and the £700 odd for the 525 was pretty much what I ended up paying anyway in adaptors and canbus.....

• 3 weeks later...

Update-

What I have connected is a steering wheel interface  (possibly Connect 2 although no sticker!)  after reconnecting head unit now displayed climate status, parking distance control, dash display, vehicle adapter information is ON etc.

I still have no rear camera only grid when reversing!, but  it's a step in the right direction!! :biggrin:

Does your cars are equipped with Maxi Dot instrument cluster?

Using the CAW-KIMUN1 interface, does Navigation,Phone and Music menu show up in the cluster?

If yes, did you need to do any changes with VCDS for example? 

3 hours ago, exantas said:

Does your cars are equipped with Maxi Dot instrument cluster?

Using the CAW-KIMUN1 interface, does Navigation,Phone and Music menu show up in the cluster?

If yes, did you need to do any changes with VCDS for example? 

Navigation from the kenwood is displayed in the instrument cluster, also music like radiostation or track from usb. Yes maxidot display. I dont think phone info is displayed, but i dont remember.

16 hours ago, mikkelvitus said:

Navigation from the kenwood is displayed in the instrument cluster, also music like radiostation or track from usb. Yes maxidot display. I dont think phone info is displayed, but i dont remember.

What type of head unit did your car have before you upgrade to the Kenwood one?

• 2 years later...

Don't suppose you guys would know if this adapter would work with a 2011 Octavia? Just fitted a kenwood dnx516dabs and like above have lost the nav from the maxidot and climate control on the screen etc. There is a box already attached to the loom but no brand on it