Monte on 15inch alloys.

DIZZY3

1 hour ago, DIZZY3 said:

195/50/15.

What tyre sizes are listed on the inside of your fuel flap?

What tyre size did you have before?

If you had 195/55R15 previously, you will need to increase your tyre pressures...probably about 3psi more...but check what the tyre pressures say on the inside of the fuel flap first.

Edited by Carlston

OP, I'm guessing from your wording in the first posting that these are wheels bought only for use in winter, after that you will revert to fitting the original wheels and tyres, if so, why did you not pick a set of winter tyres instead of these all season tyres?

Winter tyres are the best product for roughly half the year and summer tyres for the other half, all season tyres will always be a compromise - a lot better in winter than summer tyres, but not as good as winter tyres in winter, similarly not as good as summer tyres in summer, I'm just curious that is all and maybe your answer will assist others still thinking about using a second set of wheels and tyres in winter.

The 17 inch alloys were to crashy wanted a more comfortable ride , I was recommended that Michelin cross climate were the best all round tyres, as I am getting older comfort is more important.

24 minutes ago, DIZZY3 said:

The 17 inch alloys were to crashy wanted a more comfortable ride , I was recommended that Michelin cross climate were the best all round tyres, as I am getting older comfort is more important.

205/40R17 tyres increase your gearing by 3.4% compared to 195/50R15 tyres and 3.2% compared to 185/60R14 tyres.

205/40R17 tyres have the same outside diameter as 195/55R15 tyres, so the gearing is the same.

With 195/50R15 tyres you can lower your tyre pressures by about 2psi compared to 205/40R17 tyres. Check the inside of your fuel flap for the tyre pressures of the tyres that you can use. If it doesn't show the 195/50R15 tyre size, you can use the tyre pressures shown for either 185/60R14 or 185/55R15 tyres, as these have the same load index for non-XL tyres.

4 hours ago, DIZZY3 said:

Ah, you are using these new 15" wheels all year round now, so all season tyres makes a lot more sense!

Do not go taking advice on increasing tyre pressures to make up for smaller tyres being fitted.

Look at the Eco pressure and the minimum pressure and pick some pressure in between that feels right and gives the ride you want.

Just be safe with the pressures, and enjoy.

I have no idea what is on the Mk2 Fabia Monte Carlo TSI or TDI Fuel flap.

The vRS has this.

imageproxy.jpg.5c417582da0f9596ad849194a5183e89.jpg.7aec6907d76cc59c74748722ac30315b.jpg

Edited by Roottootemoot