Beeping when turning ignition on...

LukeyP

Hi all,

Bit of a random one.

I'm back in an Octavia after about 8 years with my 169k Elegance 1.9 TDI estate.

When I got it - the service light was flashing so I got the 5 beeps when switching ignition on. Rewind to last week, I had a full service done and light reset obviously. Collected the car and it was below 4 degrees so the car continued to beep (I presume due to temp) and again this morning but I put that down to the fuel light been on. I filled up and it is still doing it - so everytime I switch on ignition I am getting these beeps.

There is no warnings on the car whatsoever, is this normal? I can't remember my vRS doing it.

Thanks

2 hours ago, LukeyP said:

Not usually when starting no, I usually start the car and then seatbelt - is that all it is? lol

Seatbelt is all it is :) 

Annoying as hell, I thought it to was just for service announcements then realised it was happening without my belt clipped in!

On 26/11/2019 at 08:03, LukeyP said:

Thanks all, it was indeed the seatbelt - honestly don't remember that on my old vRS.

Glad you found the source of it. Most of my friends that have a Mk1 vRS have unplugged the seatbelt receiver wiring to stop the binging. Can’t say the noise ever gets in my nerves, but I guess to some it does lol 😂.