48 CW cost cutting

Amarton

Hi!

I ordered a car in August (this year)

The car will be built on January.

I heard a cost cutting (without torch, only one umbrella, without door red led light etc.) which is beginning from CW48.

How do you know this cost cutting affects my car or only from CW48 orders?

• Option codes for 17"/18" wheels changed
  • Removal of door safety lights, now replaced with reflectors
  • Removal of passenger side footwell net
  • Removal of chrome on window switches
  • Removal of rear door sill plates
  • Removal of net program in boot
  • Removal of removable flashlight in boot
  • Removal of seat rail covers
  • Footwell lighting no longer standard, now only included with ambient lighting package
  • Exterior mirror lighting is now only available with electric memory front seats
  • Interior rear-view mirror now always black instead of headliner colour
  • 5 seater: two bag hooks instead of four
  • 7 seater with spare wheel: removal of cover under loading floor
  • Sleep Package: One blanket now included instead of two
  • Umbrella: only one included instead of two
  • Sportline/RS: rear badges now black
  • Sportline: air vent frames now black instead of chrome
  • RS/L&K/Scout: Removal of logos on rear seat rows
  • RS: Change to Dynamic Sound Boost in different driving modes
  • RS: Frame in front seat backrests now in black instead of red

Your Kodiaq will be affected.

Mine isn't due until March at the earliest so will suffer these changes I guess. The removal of rear sill plates is a bit annoying as I have kids, also I've told them their getting a blanket each with the sleep pack so I'm a bit miffed about that,not just because their going to fight over it,  the spec clearly says 2 blankets.

58 minutes ago, Exyeti said:

Mine isn't due until March at the earliest so will suffer these changes I guess. The removal of rear sill plates is a bit annoying as I have kids, also I've told them their getting a blanket each with the sleep pack so I'm a bit miffed about that,not just because their going to fight over it,  the spec clearly says 2 blankets.

See if you can get your dealer to throw in the blankets. With the sill plates, I'm not sure if Skoda is gonna start selling just the rear plates, or make you get the whole set.

Journalists might stop the 'Simply Clever' spin each time they review a Skoda now.

Start saying Clever at cutting out stuff that in the past allowed them to use 'Simply Clever'.

There was 'spin' or press stories that Skoda were going budget / down market, which is good if the products produced and sold come down in price.

Cut out the plastic tat that costs a few Cent / Euro, breaks easily, and build in quality and longevity.

1 hour ago, CJJE said:

I wonder if they'll get added back in for the MY21 facelift version? Or will that be driven even more down market??

Once it's out it isn't ever getting added back in.

I'm with Root - don't different markets have different specs? I was a tad confused b4 buying my Karoq because several of the high spec models on youtube didn't include picnic trays - seems none of OZ versions offer them whereas they're standard in Europe.

To be honest, doesn't the above list bring Kodiaq in line with other models from Skoda? Most of it I don't use anyway and if I did...   I dropped my glove walking to the car the other night so thought " Simply Clever, I'll use the boot light".  Has anyone actually used the torch in earnest? It gives off as much light as a firefly. Those umbrellas? Last time I saw an umbrella that size it was in a pina colada.

Nice theory, great marketing, next to useless in practice.

Edited by Guest

On bonfire night, I was drafted in to help light the fireworks, completely unprepared and in all but pitch black without a torch I though "Ah, the one on the boot!".

Whilst it did the job, only just, I too thought it was really, really underwhelming considering it's LED. The torch LED's are a lot less bright then those used to illuminate the boot.

The single LED torch on my mobile phone was brighter. It is fair to say I'll probably never use it again.

However, it does offer a significant improvement to the boot illumination, if by removing the removable torch they've also removed the built-in boot light element of it too, then this would be noticeable (and slightly annoying) for me.

Removing the chrome from the light switches and the sill protectors under the rear doors is just plain stingy, and completely unnecessary.

None of this will deter prospective customers though, which will be Skoda's primary concern, but as a potential returning customer all it does is encourage me to look elsewhere.

We use the umbrellas quite regularly.

On my last car, I got a puncture on an unlit road at night. Balancing a mobile phone torch so I could see to change the wheel was quite awkward. Should I ever need to do it again, I like the idea of a magnetic torch that I can clip anywhere on the car to help me see what I’m doing. 

I find the boot lights very weak at best even with the torch. They’re ok when the boot is completely empty, but easily obscured once you start putting stuff in the boot. I like the modification one member made to fit lights in the tail gate - that’s simply clever.

VW pinches the pennies.  They have never been into spending on a good quality water pump for any vehicles.

They screw over suppliers and in the end they walk leaving VW up the creak.  Like just 2 years ago with interior & engine components.

As to brake parts, VW Group do not even to chose 2nd bottom from the parts available like some might with table wine, they go as 'much cheapness' as they can get. That might not even see discs last out a 3 year manufacturers warranty.

Edited by Roottootemoot