Superb Mk3, Interior trim removal

Hey Guys, 
I recently purchased a Pre owned skoda superb and I found that the interior Piano Black trims are all scratched up so I decided to cover them up with Vinyl however, I am quite a newbie to all these mods.
I have no idea how to get these trims off so I can wrap them.
So far I have tried to pry them with a plastic trim removal tool but the tool just broke and got stuck between the trim and soft touch material.
Any help on removing these trims would be greatly appreciated. 
PS: Pardon my image editing skills

2016-skoda-superb-30.jpg

2016-skoda-superb-48.jpg

2016-skoda-superb-50.jpg

hi

I read a post on exterior glossy black polishing with Menzerna sf 3800 done on Golf7

for exemple (50/50) :

150822081137962135.jpg

perhaps it could be tested before remove all elements ?

I don't have any knowledge about how to polish glossy plastic.
However If I could remove the interior trims, Vinyl wrap them and then Install them back then I guess that would solve my problem but I just don't know how to get the trims out of the dashboard as I am afraid I might break them if I try to pry them out.
Perhaps someone can throw light on how the trim removal process should be done.

8 minutes ago, Jaimeet said:

I don't have any knowledge about how to polish glossy plastic.

If you can move your fingers in either a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction then you are qualified 😄 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

If you can move your fingers in either a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction then you are qualified 😄 

😀 

For starters I'd say try to polish the scratches out by hand like others here suggest. Soft MF cloth with a light cutting compound. When you get a satisfactory result, NEVER EVER touch the trim again...Not even to clean, don't brush it, don't wipe it. It will scratch again. The only way to clean is with air (either compressor or a can of computer cleaner)

If you absolutely want to try to remove the trim, here's some info on the center console. The side trim pieces should just pop off. Be aware, see if you can buy a set of plastic trim removal tools, don't use a metal screwdriver or something, you'll end up doing more damage. And also keep in mind, in my experience cars are built once. They are not made to be taken apart and rebuilt again, especially things like trim. The possibility of snapping off a tab so you end up with badly refitted trim pieces, or even worse, rattles and squeeks is there. It can be done, but be careful.

image.png

Edited by Too Tall

I'd also suggest that this time of year isn't the best time to be prising brittle trim off, maybe running a fan heater at the trims might help but it's really a job for the summer when the whole car is warmer.

OP as has been suggested try polishing first, you will see a marked improvement but without any of the hassle of removing trim and introducing rattles.

Meguires PlastX is good but any decent refining polish will improve things. 

Test a small area first and mask a section so you can measure before and after.

So over the weekend I tried both, Polishing and vinyl wrapping the interior trims and it turns out, not only am I bad at polishing plastic, I am pretty terrible at applying vinyl as well.
I guess these trims are gonna stay the way they are for now.