Smart link cost and infotainment screen replacement.

Finally found a suitable octavia hatch 1.4 SE-L (66) was a bit disappointed to see even at that trim the smart link would be enabled. But alas no!.

Called around some dealers but the parts dept closed just before i rang. How much am i looking at to get it enabled?

Also it is the older model screen. Ive read here its a straight swap for the 8" FL screen. But what model would i need? Ive attached some photos of the system info.

Cheers!

IMG_20191207_120727.jpg

2 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

If it's MIB2 then any 8inch FL screen will work. MIB1 is different. Should be good to go with a 66 plate as the later system was fitted from 2015<

I think looking on here its an Amundsen MY17? 

Which i think makes it mib2 (it has 2 sd slots)

There are a couple of versions of the screen ending in n or m i think, does it matter which one?

Any idea of how much the smartlink upgrade costs?

Cheers!

2 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

I don't think it matters but worth checking with the oracle ( @SashaGrace ).

Price varies from £130-£160 depending on how much the dealer wants to fleece you.

Thanks!

@SashaGrace would i be right in saying that i would need the 5E0919605 screen? And doesnit matter if it is N or M?

SmartLink was never standard on the PFL, but was built into the cost of the FL cars on all trim levels. You have a MIB2 Amundsen so the correct Amundsen FL display is 5E0919605M, the Bolero is the N model which has no NAV button. Will still work though, just no shortcut to the NAV from the screen. Aim for no more than £137 for SmartLink activation, £122 for the part and 15-20 mins labour.

6 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

SmartLink was never standard on the PFL, but was built into the cost of the FL cars on all trim levels. You have a MIB2 Amundsen so the correct Amundsen FL display is 5E0919605M, the Bolero is the N model which has no NAV button. Will still work though, just no shortcut to the NAV from the screen. Aim for no more than £137 for SmartLink activation, £122 for the part and 15-20 mins labour.

Thanks for this.

So i will need an additional part as well to get the smartlink active? Its not just a case of activating it (on the SE-L)? What part is it?