Front Brake Caliper Carrier

Hi All,

Well here goes my first cry for help!

I've got brake judder which isn't constant. Sometimes there isn't any and other times my teeth are shaking out!

I replaced the calipers/disks/pads approx 15000 miles ago (earlier this year) due to poor condition on purchasing the car. I noticed at the time that the carriers were worn where the pads had started digging in to the slider area.

I blended this out with a file and they have been fine until recently.

What I'm thinking is that the pads are now on this area again and aren't contacting the disks smoothly and causing the judder.

So I'm after replacing the carriers. 

Now here's my problem, I can't identify the part number. TRW don't make them for the fronts, only the rears. 

My car has the ATE style caliper with 288mm disks. 

Any guidance gratefully accepted 😀

Cheers,

Mike

That's the one ! Thanks!

Quick google and I haven't come up with an aftermarket part yet...

But the prices are an encouragement to keep looking!

Getting dragged out now.... something about Xmas shopping....☹️

Thanks again,

I'll keep checking 

Mike

2 hours ago, Vrsburnzy said:

Won’t they be the same as the golf mk5 288mm brakes which I’m sure there will be loads of new ones online?

yes they are. 

FSIII brakes are the integral carriers, these will be the bolt on ones. The ones I have are from my Yeti when au converted it to 312 mm and have been sand blasted back to mint. 

Thanks for all the replies!

Wino, the schematic is of much use, thanks!

Also thank you Tech1e for your offer, I'd prefer to try and find some new ones first 🙂, but I will bare it in mind.

Ken, your cryptic clue flew past me! 😁  When I searched DS3 all I got was a small french car..... 😂

:thumbup: to VRSburnzy, that was the sort of info I needed!  They do look very similar, I'll check them out I think. The PN just seems to vary by the last letter in the searches I've done so far.

Cheers,

and Happy Xmas to all:thumbup:

19 hours ago, robt100 said:

Bit late to the party here, but is this the same bit thats swapped out for the 312mm conversion? if so I have a set setting here that came off a car at just 2,000 ish miles....

Hi, 

Thanks for your response, I have ordered two carriers from the Bay after asking the seller to confirm if the listed Golf V carriers would fit my car. 

I'll have to wait and see now... At £20 each and a 5 year warranty it will be nice if they work out!

If they don't I'll be in touch!

Cheers,

Mike