Buying lawn mower.

snapseller

Good morning,

I am trying to find a supplier of a Bosch hand lawn mower (pref in Devon), & have found a company, not local, but who while appearing to be large does not wish to disclose where  they are are in the country. They offer an email address, & 0300 phone number - howetools.co.uk.

Has any member dealt with them, or know someone who can vouch for them?

It is possible to obtain the mower from John Lewis, but I have had less than good experience of them & would prefer to not give them my business.

Thanks for any replies. Dennis. [email protected] 

It's not unusual for a company to hide details like that but I'd agree with you it make me suspicious. You can find registered company details from Companies House.

A Google for reviews is usually enough to check if they are worth dealing with or not.

" We hope you understand our decision not to advertise the location of our secure power tool warehouse".

Pointless really unless they only have robots working for them.

12 minutes ago, Aspman said:

" We hope you understand our decision not to advertise the location of our secure power tool warehouse".

Pointless really unless they only have robots working for them.

More likely that they have limited stock and order other things for direct delivery from the manufacturer?

Jigger72,

Many thanks for going to the bother. Yes to first 2, but neither now stocks the mower; second pair miles away. I may end up having resort to John Lewis, at least they free deliver over £50.

PS Thanks to the other replies - much my own thoughts.

Edited by snapseller
add a PS

Argos will often deliver to a Sainsburys if you have one nearby

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7595752?rec=PDP[8242358]:bottomSlider:P1:OHAT:alternative:7595752:mdsIlkP1VDXQdlqsWBhY

What about that Spear and Jackson one? Looks near identical other than the handle. Seems to be some stock in your area.

Edited by Aspman

22 hours ago, snapseller said:

Jigger72,

Many thanks for going to the bother. Yes to first 2, but neither now stocks the mower; second pair miles away. I may end up having resort to John Lewis, at least they free deliver over £50.

PS Thanks to the other replies - much my own thoughts.

I'm pretty sure all of them can be delivered to a store of your choice?

Thanks to all who have replied. Esp those suggesting the Spear & Jackson one which we have now bought from our local (12 miles away) Argos-in-Sainsbury's store.

It appears to be a solidly made machine so far as I can see without putting it together. Wife does not need it yet!

So question answered, first time I have tried this section of the forum, & it works fine. Thanks again. Dennis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snapseller said:

It appears to be a solidly made machine so far as I can see without putting it together. Wife does not need it yet!

Comedy gold 🤣

• Like 3

I try to keep my readers happy!

In fact I am not really allowed to do much in the garden in case I mess it up. I do the maintenance, hence the thirty year old present mower. Also wife does not like mechanical/modern stuff. Dennis.

Edited by snapseller
Addition

Word of warning about some Argos "strange branded" items- they are just that- made for Argos in foreign parts ,with no spares available. Fortunately the lawn mower I bought was an almost copy of both B& D and Flymo, so when the on/off switch broke, I was able to engineer a replacement second hand part from a B & D shop ( second hand spares).