Average fuel consumption resets daily....????

I don't have a Fabia so maybe wrong, but earlier VW Group cars had 2 memories in the fuel computer, one long term and one that reset after maybe 2 or 3 hours, does that sound like what you are seeing, ie you are leaving the car switched off for 2 or 3 hours when this is happening, or will it reset after 20 or 30 minutes?

To add to the other 2 replies...

Memory #1 is for your current journey.  It resets if the engine is off for more than 2 hrs. 

Memory #2 is the cumulative memory.  If you have the standard LCD type dash it resets at 20hrs or 1999 miles.  If you have the maxidot dash it resets at 100hrs or 9999miles.  In reality it hits the time limit long before the miles unless you average 100mph for the whole time!

A short press on the button under the right hand stalk switches between memory #1 and #2.  A long press manually resets the currently selected memory.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eccleshill said:

To add to the other 2 replies...

Memory #1 is for your current journey.  It resets if the engine is off for more than 2 hrs. 

Memory #2 is the cumulative memory.  If you have the standard LCD type dash it resets at 20hrs or 1999 miles.  If you have the maxidot dash it resets at 100hrs or 9999miles.  In reality it hits the time limit long before the miles unless you average 100mph for the whole time!

A short press on the button under the right hand stalk switches between memory #1 and #2.  A long press manually resets the currently selected memory.

does it really? After 20 hours? Mine doesn’t seem to reset unless I do a manual reset. Not that I want it to. I am happy with a truly long term figure. Sometimes I don’t use the car for the weekend and it still seems to be valid
#1 does seem to reset after a couple of hours though.

1 hour ago, dancingbear84 said:

does it really? After 20 hours? Mine doesn’t seem to reset unless I do a manual reset. Not that I want it to. I am happy with a truly long term figure. Sometimes I don’t use the car for the weekend and it still seems to be valid
#1 does seem to reset after a couple of hours though.

That is 20 hours of driving, not 20 hours from the last reset. I have a Roomster but it has the same dash as the Fabia. Those figures I quoted are from the User Manual though to be pedantic it actually resets after 19hrs 59min.

Hi folks - thanks for the replies so far....

I understand the display controls and how to reset......

My problem is..... I want to see the cumulative memory for my fuel consumption   BUT the car resets it every time I start the car. 

1 hour ago, eccleshill said:

That is 20 hours of driving, not 20 hours from the last reset. I have a Roomster but it has the same dash as the Fabia. Those figures I quoted are from the User Manual though to be pedantic it actually resets after 19hrs 59min.

We too have a Roomster, 20 running hours makes a lot more sense! I don’t know why that didn’t cross my mind before. Thanks for clarifying.

I’m envious of the maxidot by the way