Infotainment system displaying the wrong song information

Hello all,

Just posting this thread as I am experiencing an issue with my 2016 infotainment system that doesn't display the correct song information/name when listening to music via Bluetooth through Spotify*

The system will show it's playing the previous song... 

I have tried;

*Resetting Bluetooth connections

*Trying a different phone

I am not sure if anyone has ever had this issue?? 

Let's discuss....

I've had a similar problem like this occasionally. 

Last week, this (my daughters song choice played previously) was displayed after I'd dropped her off and asked Google Assitant to play Sabotage by the Beastie Boys from Spotify:

20200121_173221.thumb.jpg.b5cc55a5f7d76b03677cf4f9fe66c512.jpg

Talk about chalk and cheese, emphasis on the latter.

On the few occasions this have happened I've either rebooted my phone, or the head unit (by holding down the power button until it restarts). I can't recall which one worked, but it did solve the problem.

I'd wondered if it was something to do with disconnecting the phone ( USB C cable) and then reconnecting quite quickly? 

If anyone has a definitive answer I'd be keen to know.

On 26/01/2020 at 16:33, Wangarai said:

I've had a similar problem like this occasionally. 

Last week, this (my daughters song choice played previously) was displayed after I'd dropped her off and asked Google Assitant to play Sabotage by the Beastie Boys from Spotify:

20200121_173221.thumb.jpg.b5cc55a5f7d76b03677cf4f9fe66c512.jpg

Talk about chalk and cheese, emphasis on the latter.

On the few occasions this have happened I've either rebooted my phone, or the head unit (by holding down the power button until it restarts). I can't recall which one worked, but it did solve the problem.

I'd wondered if it was something to do with disconnecting the phone ( USB C cable) and then reconnecting quite quickly? 

If anyone has a definitive answer I'd be keen to know.

I will give this a go thanks 🤟🏼😃

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!
I'm experiencing the same thing. It came along after my suberb wen't in for some repairs so i guess they updated the software.

I'll try the 'hard reset' mentioned above by Wangarai, did that solve it permanently or do you have to do it every time?

• 4 weeks later...

i have the same issue - very annoying. i suspect it is a coding issue and unlikely to be fixed by a hard reset. after a reset the first song played works ok then you are continually one song out of sync with the display (bluetooth and spotify)

I've tried a few different phones, and oddly enough it seem to work when i connect an iPhone 6, a Samsung note 10 but not with the Oneplus 6t (which worked just fine before i had the car in for some bodywork & system updates)

I read somewhere that after a certain version of Android it needs the phone to be connected to the car with the OEM  USB cable to the main USB point on the dashboard, I use this all the time now rather than rely on the Bluetooth connection, no issues here, I'm on a Google pixel 3XL and a 17 plate Octy

Iirc this is something to do with the volume of data required between Spotify and the head unit to enable full continuity.

• 2 months later...

Just picked up my latest Octavia and this is an issue with mine, track display is one out on the head unit.  I will try the hard reset. 

Just hold down the on/off button for an amount of time? 

• 4 months later...

Had same issue , also at times songs would not display on screen . I reset everything and nothing . I then turned off my mobile and it worked straight away . So the issue is with your phone , clearing your phones cache will do the same. :)

Bluetooth and Spotify is spectacularly buggy for me. 

I have two phones: Nokia 8.1 (fully updated, Android 10), Nokia 7 plus (fully updated, Android 10).

Nokia 8.1: when getting into the car it's a crapshoot as to whether the phone will connect and start playing again. If it was less than 30 minutes outside the car, chances are it won't, until I unlock the phone again (and yes, the car is a trusted agent to keep the phone unlocked). If it's the next day, chances are it will actually work without issue. But then the first track may or may not be the only one it plays and occasionally, I'll see the same track title on the screen, even though the track changes. No consistency as to how. 

A hard reset helped the other day when the BT connection locked up so much I couldn't listen to a Teams call via the car. The phone is reset on an irregular basis and my B&W PX work fine, as does my Jabra 25 and the Sony BT speakers. This is on the car's implementation. 

The 7 plus - that's better. It will frequently actually start Spotify - the 8.1 won't  - and tends to restart again after a pause. But the quality off of the 8.1 is audibly better... this crappiness is one of the reasons the 256GB SD is full of music. 

Oh, and Spotify, if you're reading: stop setting my files to "no longer downloaded". it's annoying as hell and makes me want to drop the whole thing. I downloaded it once, I don't expect to have to do it every week or two, because you "feel like it" or because the DRM "died". It's stupid and there's zero technical reason for you doing this without telling me. Nearly cost me a fortune last time I was travelling outside the EU, too, but that's another story. Was lucky to get away with €25 of costs... 

• 1 year later...
On 26/03/2020 at 01:12, Pilotguy said:

I think mine’s worse! It sticks a track or two in and stays that way through long playlists unless I unpair my phone (Android 10) and re-pair again.

Mine (2017 Octavia) has the exact same issue.

I've tried full factory reset on the headunit .... didn't help.  

I've looked to see if there is a software upgrade for my headunit ... but there isn't apparently.

I've tried changing settings on my phone (Mi A1 Android 9), bluetooth settings, Spotify App access settings ... didn't help

I've tried changing setting in spotify ... didn't help

Has anyone solved this issue?  

Help needed asap!!!

Thanks.