Drop links

Jb7lr

So I bought some drop links from carparts4less like 3-4 week ago, not 100% on brand, think they may have been starline, well they've been on the car for about 3 weeks and they're ****ed already, every bump I go over or every little bump in the road and it knocks like ****! 

Are there any upgraded drop links I could go for? I've seen some pro sport adjustable drop links on ebay at like £35 but will I be able to fit these to stock suspension?

TIA 

Not to sound like a complete arse but... have you checked they are still tight and they don’t need tightening up? Worth a check had an Astra that I put drop links on many moons ago not sure how but the nut on the top of one came loose tightened it back up and it was fine after that. Just saying might save you some money.

2 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

The best way to save money is to not buy parts made from chinese dogs mess, buy cheap, buy twice.

Well these ones I got were the only ones on CP4L at £20, the one I've been recommended are £30 so not much of a difference in price but yeah I agree, previously I've always gone for cheaper options but like you said it's not always best, started paying a little extra now to get better quality 

Never had a problem with carparts4less drop links. Local motor factor ones last at most 12 month. CP4L last at least 3 years. And that's on roads we would not expect any invading tanks to drive over.

I got some off e-bay, quite a reasonable price, wrapped in some good quality oiled paper with German markings - turned out to be Chinese cheese, lasted 6 months - I complained to the seller and they sent me another set - they were useless too, 1 failed within a fortnight!

Agree 100% with the posts above, now fitted with Meyle.

1 hour ago, VWD said:

Never had a problem with carparts4less drop links. Local motor factor ones last at most 12 month. CP4L last at least 3 years. And that's on roads we would not expect any invading tanks to drive over.

If it was three years ago then there's no way they'll be selling them any more, it's a race to the bottom at that place, they own various brands and whatever comes in the box will be the cheapest junk they can stuff in there.