New car, no inspection or oil change in service menu

Hi,

Last week I've purchased a brand new Octavia, and I've only done ~215 KM so far.

The issue is that in the infotainment, on service menu, it shows only the VIN no., and no other details regarding the next inspection or oil change.

I've asked the local dealer and he said that this information will appear there after the first inspection / oil change. Somehow I don't really believe that and I think more likely this wasn't set from the factory.

I've also attached a photo.

Thanks,

Image.jpg

I have bought one brand new car and few motorcycles and they needed first oil change service around 1000km.. Does Skoda require something like that or is it normal 30.000km/1 year for first oil change?

Maybe it shows empty, because service interval is not set and they’ll set proper interval at first service🤔

Skoda does not require any early Oil / Filter or Service in the UK.  & not Globally, but some Dealers offer that, an early Inspection of a vehicle. Top up fluids etc.

Up!MiiCitigo's did not get variable servicing intervals but they are no longer being produced, well not Citigo or Mii with ICE.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

According to dealer, the oil needs to be changed after 30.000 km (it supposed to be long life oil); but I will do it anyway after 1 year.

Should I insist in having the inspection / oil change info set?

According to the manual, this can be reseted or something by pressing a reset button; but then again, it also says that this is not advisable.

20 minutes ago, CBPT said:

Thanks for the replies.

According to dealer, the oil needs to be changed after 30.000 km (it supposed to be long life oil); but I will do it anyway after 1 year.

I think that should be 30,000km OR 12months, whichever comes first.

You should not have to do it yourself.

It is 30,000 km or 24 months which ever comes first from the Factory..

Some might set a 372 day Inspection service.    Some might set to 372 days / 9,600 miles for Fixed Servicing.

@CBPT

The Service Interval needs set.  Someone at the Dealership is just telling you rubbish.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

I'm guessing that Connect Lite is part of Skoda Connect, right?

I'm using MySkoda app and it shows me all details, except the obvious inspection / oil change.

I will try to get back to dealer to recheck this part, as it doesn't seem right; even though it's not a big issue as this is a new car.

Image1.jpg

5 hours ago, Superhero572 said:

Skoda Connect Lite makes ”not smart” car smarter with dataplug. I have planned to buy it, it was only 5€ from eBay or 59€ from dealer :) 

B0732F55-1450-4955-B926-5516160EBAA3.jpeg

Am I right in thinking that a VW Dataplug will work in a Skoda as the Skoda is just a Golf with a different skin?

Many thanks

13 minutes ago, StriderDog said:

Am I right in thinking that a VW Dataplug will work in a Skoda as the Skoda is just a Golf with a different skin?

Many thanks

I purchased one and it works fine on my 65 plate VRS

• Thanks 1

Motability have the car left on Variable Servicing usually. 

I just returned a Motability car with a 2.0 TDI SCR DSG at end of lease back in November.

If the car has to go in in a year they will not argue really if that is how the Dealer put the car out.

On 03/02/2020 at 21:20, Tolpol62 said:

Yeah the VW data plug for £4.99 inc postage works a treat for me.

@Superhero572

I cant check till I'm back in car, there's more tire info in the sub menu. I'll look tomorrow.

@Roottootemblowinootsoot

Mine is a motability car, so whatever service plan they use, I'm not sure.

I purchased on as well, my phone is paired with it but no matter what I do it won't work, no option for inputting the code on the top of the device - nada.

I've tried in-pairing, deleting, rebooting phone several times ad-nauseam but it just wont do anything other than pair with my phone..

37 minutes ago, StriderDog said:

I purchased on as well, my phone is paired with it but no matter what I do it won't work, no option for inputting the code on the top of the device - nada.

I've tried in-pairing, deleting, rebooting phone several times ad-nauseam but it just wont do anything other than pair with my phone..

It doesn't pair with the phone's Bluetooth settings, it pairs through the app.  If you download the Connect Lite app, the pairing is from within the app.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kental said:

It doesn't pair with the phone's Bluetooth settings, it pairs through the app.  If you download the Connect Lite app, the pairing is from within the app.

Ah, so that's the answer, thanks Kental!

@Tolpol62 Thanks to you too!

• Like 1

GRRRRRR!

What an insanely annoying app, email done and verified but no way on earth can I fill in my details as you can't scroll down to fill in anything apart from my first name and phone number. after any input I've tried 'next' with the same result, only half of the input field visible but you can't enter any text. This is on a new Samsung Galaxy A40 and I still have the same issue on a Samsung Galaxy S6

Oh yeah, no support either as on the website the buttons to links don't work either.😡😡😡😡

Edited by StriderDog
Don't ask as I'm livid...

5 minutes ago, StriderDog said:

GRRRRRR!

What an insanely annoying app, email done and verified but no way on earth can I fill in my details as you can't scroll down to fill in anything apart from my first name and phone number. after any input I've tried 'next' with the same result, only half of the input field visible but you can't enter any text. This is on a new Samsung Galaxy A40 and I still have the same issue on a Samsung Galaxy S6

Oh yeah, no support either as on the website the buttons to links don't work either.😡😡😡😡

Skoda - Simply Clever.. almost :D

I have problems with MySkoda app after every update, now it works but really laggy.

Edited by Superhero572
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Superhero572 said:

Skoda - Simply Clever.. almost :D

I have problems with MySkoda app after every update, now it works but really laggy.

I can't even get that far, the app data is ****e, I can only enter my salutation' "Mr".  My "first Name" 'Mark'. Cant enter my surname as that input field is almost totally obscured by the frame and add my phone number.

I've ran out of swear words as well to add insult to injury!💩🤬🤣

• Sad 1