Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update

1 hour ago, Baune said:

Hi. 

I have the MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0471T version. 

Is it possible to download and upgrade to a newer version?

System 5Q0035874C

Hardware: H41

Software: 0471

Both is possible. Current is 0480. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acrab said:

Is there a way to know what changes each firmware version introduces?

They don't exactly post a changelog, this software is intended for workshop use, and the technicians don't need to know... just to apply

27 minutes ago, Baune said:

Ok, thanks. 

So where do I find the software? ☺️

You can send a PM to me, if you still need MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0480T

On 10/07/2022 at 21:43, varooom said:

I am sure that your SW Train is MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0472T

Please look here to verify, look around in update history if needed.
MIB Infotainment version check (MIB1 MIB2 MIB2.5 MIB2Std MIB2High)

MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0480T is available if needed.

Hi, 

You're right. What would be the newest firmware then? Where can I get it?

IMG20220713091830.jpg

just had my Amunsden radio hacked at my local VW garage now got vurtual surround and sub woofer its sounds a lot better, he didn't charge me either it took like 30 seconds using VDCS

Edited by bodrot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bodrot said:

just had my Amunsden radio hacked at my local VW garage now got vurtual surround and sub woofer its sounds a lot better, he didn't charge me either it took like 30 seconds using VDCS

You are right. That is 30 sec using VCDS.. A simple coding in 5F it you dont have a canton.

If you update, you wont loose that setting.

Hello everyone, 

I'm new to Briskoda but it seems like the perfect place to find useful info and help for our Skodas.

I have been trying to update the system on my 2018 Kodiaq  using the Online Update service but keep getting "License invalid" error even though I have all of them active.

Can you help me with this one?  

Thanks for the support!

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

9 hours ago, Ove said:

Hello everyone, 

I'm new to Briskoda but it seems like the perfect place to find useful info and help for our Skodas.

I have been trying to update the system on my 2018 Kodiaq  using the Online Update service but keep getting "License invalid" error even though I have all of them active.

Can you help me with this one?  

Thanks for the support!

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

Hello there,

Assuming you have not hacked the unit, and are just pushing the online update to update maps/firmare then I can probably help you find a firmware update (I assume this is why you are pushing that button?)

I cannot answer the licence issue as I have never seen before.

@pab567 has much more experience in this field, and a few others no doubt.

I can look for a firmware for the unit if you can get details of the Software Train loaded

MIB Infotainment version check (MIB1 MIB2 MIB2.5 MIB2Std MIB2High)

I already sent link for downloading MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526 (1440) via PM.

Firmware update was NEVER possible via OTD in this unit (Columbus MIB2.5), the message simply means your Skoda Online Services are not valid anymore - your subscription expired.

• Thanks 1

Guys, thank you very much for the reply and the PM with the firmware! Didn't know that OTD update was not possible for the MIB 2.5 as the option to do it was there 🤔 As for the subscriptions, they are active as I paid to renew them a couple of days before and received mail confirmation. I will try to do the update today. Thanks again!

Hello @pab567 I hope you can help me out with a information/firmware for my Amundsen!?

Device: 5Q0035874A

Hardware: H24

Software: 0245

Is there anything newer available?

Thanx in advance!

23 minutes ago, Fix666 said:

Hello @pab567 I hope you can help me out with a information/firmware for my Amundsen!?

Device: 5Q0035874A

Hardware: H24

Software: 0245

Is there anything newer available?

Thanx in advance!

Version 0253 is available 

• Like 1

Taken from this forum:

https://forum.skodahome.cz/topic/135175-amundsen/page/7/#comments

"Certain types of screens are not designed for that SW version. From what I read in the Telegram group, the main difference between the 478 and 480 is that something is updated on the screen (for those who don't know, sometimes the screen is updated when the MIB is updated).

Unfortunately, I don't know which versions are designed for that version and which ones aren't. The easiest thing to do is put N in the ABT update element when updating and you're good to go.

A friend upgraded like this and the motherboard died. According to experts who regularly investigate displays and MIBs, the board is dead.

And there won't be much on the internet, because 480 is a relatively new update and with those risks, no one will update from 478 to 480. It's more likely that if someone updates from something older than 04xx, they will of course give the latest version right away"

2 hours ago, Acrab said:

Taken from this forum:

https://forum.skodahome.cz/topic/135175-amundsen/page/7/#comments

"Certain types of screens are not designed for that SW version. From what I read in the Telegram group, the main difference between the 478 and 480 is that something is updated on the screen (for those who don't know, sometimes the screen is updated when the MIB is updated).

I don't think that's true as there are separate TPI's and updates for the screen and MIB2 units.

I can also confirm I had no issues with the 0480 update in my car, the screen was running 8130 both before and after the 0480 update :)

Example TPI are below showing the differing updates.

TPI 2049708/1 (14-Dec-2017) covers a screen update.

image.png.35dd21e7838208ae682eea784e164213.png

TPI 2049459/14 (05-Oct-2021) covers the MIB2 update.

Customer statement:
Customer may complain about one of the following phenomena:

• ABT display failures (black screen).
• MIB switching off, restarting – with a connected mobile device with the IOS operating system.
• MIB without sound, or sound cannot be controlled, voice control malfunction.
• MIB sporadically switching off or gets frozen while calculating route or while navigating.
• MIB does not allow the lower menu bar to be automatically hidden in the navigation mode.
• MIB does not allow the activated additional information window to be closed.
• Virtual Škoda Surround not working.
• Radio is playing when customer comes to the locked vehicle.
• Deactivating auxiliary heater pre-selections.
• Changing time indicator.
• The hands-free function is not available; displayed is the indication „Phone not available“ and Bluetooth does not work.

Workshop findings:
• The customer statement can be reproduced.

Technical background
Faulty SW MIB Standard (Amundsen, Bolero) in vehicles manufactured in the period from CW 22/2016 to CW 45/2020.

Production change
Modified MIB control unit Generation II with new SW version introduced since CW 45/2019

Measure
• If the customer complains about one of the above symptoms, perform the update of SW MIB Standard (Amundsen, Bolero) to the new SW version.
• Updating procedure of the MIB control unit using the application SD Creator – see Service Information No. 2034053.
• To download the SW 369 (to be applied to vehicles manufactured in CW 22/2016 – 22/2017), enter Part No. 5FM.IB2.STD.369 in the application SD Creator

• To download the SW 480 (to be applied to vehicles manufactured in CW 23/2017 - 45/2020) enter Part No. 5FM.IB2.STD.480 in the application SD Creator

Important notes:
If the following instructions are not observed, the updating process may be stopped and the navigation unit blocked. Warranty costs will not be accepted in such a case.
• The respective flashing data can be used only for vehicles manufactured in the periods mentioned (SW 369 for CW 22/2016 - 22/2017, SW 480 for CW 23/2017 - 45/2020).

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, langers2k said:

I don't think that's true as there are separate TPI's and updates for the screen and MIB2 units.

I can also confirm I had no issues with the 0480 update in my car, the screen was running 8130 both before and after the 0480 update :)

Example TPI are below showing the differing updates.

TPI 2049708/1 (14-Dec-2017) covers a screen update.

image.png.35dd21e7838208ae682eea784e164213.png

TPI 2049459/14 (05-Oct-2021) covers the MIB2 update.

Customer statement:
Customer may complain about one of the following phenomena:

• ABT display failures (black screen).
• MIB switching off, restarting – with a connected mobile device with the IOS operating system.
• MIB without sound, or sound cannot be controlled, voice control malfunction.
• MIB sporadically switching off or gets frozen while calculating route or while navigating.
• MIB does not allow the lower menu bar to be automatically hidden in the navigation mode.
• MIB does not allow the activated additional information window to be closed.
• Virtual Škoda Surround not working.
• Radio is playing when customer comes to the locked vehicle.
• Deactivating auxiliary heater pre-selections.
• Changing time indicator.
• The hands-free function is not available; displayed is the indication „Phone not available“ and Bluetooth does not work.

Workshop findings:
• The customer statement can be reproduced.

Technical background
Faulty SW MIB Standard (Amundsen, Bolero) in vehicles manufactured in the period from CW 22/2016 to CW 45/2020.

Production change
Modified MIB control unit Generation II with new SW version introduced since CW 45/2019

Measure
• If the customer complains about one of the above symptoms, perform the update of SW MIB Standard (Amundsen, Bolero) to the new SW version.
• Updating procedure of the MIB control unit using the application SD Creator – see Service Information No. 2034053.
• To download the SW 369 (to be applied to vehicles manufactured in CW 22/2016 – 22/2017), enter Part No. 5FM.IB2.STD.369 in the application SD Creator

• To download the SW 480 (to be applied to vehicles manufactured in CW 23/2017 - 45/2020) enter Part No. 5FM.IB2.STD.480 in the application SD Creator

Important notes:
If the following instructions are not observed, the updating process may be stopped and the navigation unit blocked. Warranty costs will not be accepted in such a case.
• The respective flashing data can be used only for vehicles manufactured in the periods mentioned (SW 369 for CW 22/2016 - 22/2017, SW 480 for CW 23/2017 - 45/2020).

Thanks for the clarification