Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update

Thanks for the link. I'm about to Unzipping data to usb stick. 

Newbie wondering (=hesitating), Is there any info what will change on update to 0480t 

from like HARDWARE: H41/SOFTWARE: 0475?

Like ability to import / alert personal POI ?

Pros?

Cons?

Noticed changes?

Any link to installation guide?

According to mib-helper (xor) page ,  after installation, the system tells you about error codes 1555/B201A,  and the web page about need to confirm installation with new key. 

Can this key be input through amundsen infotainment system?  

Hello,

Can I get some help by explaining me what/why is not possible to make easy by anyone the firmware update from 253T to 480T on my Mib2 /O3/2016. ?

Can't be made easy by copy it on card & then update just pushing start update+ next and so on? Is a complicated conversion process?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

IMG20240301164759.jpg

CarPlay doesn’t work in my 2019 ŠKODA Fabia III Estate Monte Carlo. I tried updating the software, but it still fails to connect and asks me to check if my iPhone 13 supports CarPlay. Would greatly appreciate any pointers on how to fix this.

Thanks,

Peter

IMG_1060.jpeg

IMG_1061.jpeg

@pab567 Hello there, I'd be grateful for advice on upgrading my current Emundsen mib2 nfotainment please?

Thank you so much.

image.thumb.jpeg.d129ca5b06c73a1da9c5049901071f19.jpeg

Hello,

I asked few dealers in Romania if they can activate Smartlink on this unit and some of them told me is possible, others said that is not possible.

The message in the screenshot says that "Smartlink function is not active. Contact your dealer"

Can anyone tell me please how can I install Smartlink on this device and the reason in case it is not possible? Is it MIB1, is it old version of software? Can the software be upgraded?

Thanks,

On 04/03/2024 at 20:56, Peter91 said:

CarPlay doesn’t work in my 2019 ŠKODA Fabia III Estate Monte Carlo. I tried updating the software, but it still fails to connect and asks me to check if my iPhone 13 supports CarPlay. Would greatly appreciate any pointers on how to fix this.

Is Siri activated in your iPhone?

On 06/03/2024 at 10:01, cristicon said:

I asked few dealers in Romania if they can activate Smartlink on this unit and some of them told me is possible, others said that is not possible.

The message in the screenshot says that "Smartlink function is not active. Contact your dealer"

Can anyone tell me please how can I install Smartlink on this device and the reason in case it is not possible? Is it MIB1, is it old version of software? Can the software be upgraded?

Possible but you have to contact your Skoda dealer, I don't know anyone who hacks these units.

All check your PMs for dwonload link. No message means you already have the latest firmware.

I've just got an Octavia Mk3 MY16 with a system that I think is a retrofit. Either way is there a software update available for this please?

AP1GczPY11Zsv9zRwpWId6J54E3oiSELtssiXSzGXvTLeIuTOFEgMEaStgulkkkkP2RpNrkRmljKbP_MYmX-QeQYAawlSRgg94KV6MMtLgCX1SnflIaqWFwyDSLq5DWNvV2gEDkPQaEBdnH4w-g42QaHUnU6TMrmV51jU-xX-xCcpbaFqQff0qQtF10CF22haFGRCbo3syAvHz-M9EznCuTiaN2yKh0f09O3EdVseBom5j-8HvATyKWEDx-t14jEnDKMRSm35CjcfxebBASEUM92e4m0ry-M2qnMzOs_MkhXuLkh6q9YxsbCtfxL0KPAKUddE2uSwFWiusasqR1BVG6liFUh0BUyXc3TJCfZHsPjG1vk53R82z8uziwxjUO-afDEAFlc1Y4ts0EtJr2vxtFoGTN47aI45oi6bQRAnDh_fs2p-cxa4-YfXC3j86ogOLUD8bnpzW6c8o2MHxNPtnLt8qpBRElonEj3CWPU-c7-BHYDZEUNCpURxTGJKtxqQkIPRjBbFUFxbBecAM8O_1rsYeuHNCIBVHrpGIX0AKmdKmkzXekALANCfGZBsbOTEKI7eGut4e38rWSpOkqiFuBODLBUPa56CavIuP-8UuVNcxbQtFR7iaWKATEkk0ToaKIR-eDqSlg7D2aHpvKkhZrS0RkgK5S6oU2YUZJAk5lrEy6ra0Jkfg71O4PnVoRJyD4fZu4OZ1WcxyzXh0KxIUaCRZezYB-42hIXqnTUaALvkCJBxLWKWwIRYQzpDlPJl3VrpjbLmJQGF-zUm5zNAdCmbBhD9RFeGxwNKknLIWVMejk7zTeVG0nS9Ok0ecuBKeiFtW5IcEy46OZk1wXSlCbKdfCmZlaUVg1mOmu5Bk0-25_4FEESxWRrP6ProsRPYQYuUKh_ZI9aFl-JT54jVmDha_q2Jf0=w1320-h792-s-no-gm?authuser=0

@pab567 reading this thread you seem to be the man, so thanks in advance if you are able to assist.

19 hours ago, pab567 said:

@westiej your unit is a retrofit, do not make any SW upgrade.

@pab567 Thanks for letting me know. I have an issue where Android Auto drops out and I was hoping that the bug was fixed in a newer FW, is there no safe way to do it?

4 hours ago, pab567 said:

SW upgrade will kill patch so unit will be locked with component protection. Try different cable between USB and your phone.

So there's the harmless component protection fault code I have now, or a complete lockout if I attempt an upgrade? Glad I found out before I broke everything!