How do I get rid of this

Silly question perhaps, but have you had the inspection service done?

If you're unable to clear it using the procedure @AMD87 mentioned, you'll need to find someone with VAG diagnostics to reset it that way. There's a thread in the diagnostics section of the forum with a list of members with VCDS/etc. who are happy to help out others. You might find someone near you who'll do it without having to go to a garage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

There is a reset procedure somewhere on YouTube I have done it in both MK2 and MK3 fabias don't remember the hazards bit tho

Yes I’ve tried the YouTube tutorial video and I get the message service indicator reset

but still get the above message on the display 

15 hours ago, silver1011 said:

You aren't doing it right then, see here...

How do you get to the settings menu 

I’ve tried holding the button on bottom the right hand stalk and it doesn’t bring up anything

There are two types of service reminder, inspection service and the oil service. The inspection service reset requires the hazard lights.

From the thread I posted above...

"For the inspection service reset, do the following: activate the hazard warning lights, with them turned on, press the 0.0 button, and turn the ignition on half a turn. The central display will show "Are you sure?", enter OK, and turn the ignition off and back on again.

For oil warning, follow the same procedure without the hazard warning lights on."

You don't need the button on the stalk, it is the 0.0 button in-between the dials...

image.png.275745fc1ba603d7ae24957e2cc6fc06.png

My interpretation of the above instructions is as follows...

- Close all vehicle doors and ensure the ignition is switched off.

- Turn on the hazard warning lights.

- Press down and hold button 0.0 (B).

- Switch the ignition on.

- Release button 0.0 (B).

- Now press the display mode button (C).

Let us know how you get on...

Edited by silver1011

22 hours ago, silver1011 said:

There are two types of service reminder, inspection service and the oil service. The inspection service reset requires the hazard lights.

"For the inspection service reset, do the following: activate the hazard warning lights, with them turned on, press the 0.0 button, and turn the ignition on half a turn. The central display will show "Are you sure?", enter OK, and turn the ignition off and back on again.

For oil warning, follow the same procedure without the hazard warning lights on."

You don't need the button on the stalk, it is the 0.0 button in-between the dials...

Yes it’s worked , many thanks for your help 

• Like 1

On 18/02/2020 at 08:49, silver1011 said:

Hello, I don’t have that “B” button, mine is thumb stick, how can I make it work?

image.jpg

1. Close all vehicle doors and ensure the ignition is switched off.

2. Press and hold reset  button located next to the speedometer.

3. Switch on the ignition but do not start the car.

4. Release the reset button and push once again until service InSP is displayed.

5. Turn the reset button to the right until you see service _ _ _ displayed.

6. Finally, push the reset button once more and the service reminder will now be reset.

ŠKODA Fabia Mk1 service reset

You have Maxidot - reset is an absolute doddle!!  No contortions or fiddly multiple button presses and you most certainly do not need VCDS! 

Switch on the ignition and wait until the maxidot initialises.

Press and hold the rocker switch on the right hand stalk - either up or down position - either will work.

You will get a menu

Not 100% sure where the reset is from memory but I am pretty sure it is in "Settings" 

Scroll using the rocker switch and select "settings" using the button under the stalk.

In the next menu scroll down and select "service" 

Reset is an option in there.