Marbula One-roll over F1

Lady Elanore

On 04/07/2022 at 20:10, Liger1956 said:

Marbula 1 GP8. Interesting race but I do not like the accelerator. The pole sitter made a right mess of the start.

I was also not a brilliant race for @Lady Elanore favourite team.

the new one is here

Again they seem to be going for gimmicks, i.e. the helix, which seems more luck than judgement and in my opinion takes away the skill of the racers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

O'rangers are definitely losing momentum, sadly. I wonder if they are porpoising? 

More like a beached whale 😁 

• Cheeky 1

Just catching up. I saw roldo in gp8

Spoiler

In the background, behind the Newton's Cradle in the introduction 

But didn't see the supposedly easy one in gp7

Edited by Wet Kipper

And  spotted in GP9

Spoiler

, he's one of the marbles round the top layer of the stand for the electric globe thing. In the back corner 

Edited by Wet Kipper

Todays qually, with a twist! I quite like the new channels on a bend, seems to set cars up for a fast run through the next turn (or not), at least if you take the right channel.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been away with work for a few weeks, but kept up with the racing. Shame the O'rangers didn't quite get the individual champion, but I'll take the team win for the season :)

Goooooooooooooooo'rangers 🍊

GIF by Hayden Davis

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's not marbula 1 (my true love of course) but it is a rather seasonal race, if a little brutal. If you are eliminated ....  well it's not for the faint-hearted. An advisory to those of a nervous disposition 

Well the league is off again and once again the Snowballs failed to get through qually. I think they are too light as a team, possibly their diet means they are made from a less dense form of glass. It's a sad day. But the good news is the O'rangers are through :)

It got a bit nasty at the qualifiers with some of the eliminated team's fans throwing things at the course 

Sad times 

For me it doesn't have the excitement of Marbula 1 as m9st of the events are over quickly. 

However a few marbles may be nursing sore bones, from the impacts, in the morning. 

3 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

This event is quite exciting. Boy, can those little guys hold their breath!!! I could see the course making for a great canoe slalom run

Perhaps the use Free Diving breathing techniques to hold their breath. I bet that you are happy that the O'Rangers won. Perhaps their Marbula 1 experience helped in the hustle and bustle (I cannot spell argy bargy) of the race.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have enjoyed this over the last few years and wondered if it would return this year. It has and it's Back! My favourite for the last few seasons have been The Hazers as it included Smoggy which is the nickname given to the people of Teesside (Smoggies). It looks like there have been many team changes for this season. Hopefully it will be a good one, as usual.

Qualifyling

Race

• Love it! 1