Front dash cam, ideal location?

AndyGrob73

Does anyone have any pictures of where they located their front dash cam?

Did you go central and near the rear view mirror, or in a corner of the front screen?

What pro's and cons have you found regarding the location and ease of removing, or well hidden for the times when you forget to remove etc??

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andy, 

I placed my Nextbase dash cam just to the left of the rear view mirror, (just) so that it shows a smidgen of the black dotted area around the windscreen sensor fitment. This gives some reference to the recorded pictures and gives a good overall panoramic view. The power cable tucks up nicely straight above the suction bracket so that there's only a few centimetres showing. 

Interested. Had a Nextbase 522 fitted by my dealer. Do people generally remove them as per the OP's original comment? First dashcam I've ever had and I really had not considered removing it... Genuinely interested with regard to what others do... and why.

11 hours ago, StevieK said:

Interested. Had a Nextbase 522 fitted by my dealer. Do people generally remove them as per the OP's original comment? First dashcam I've ever had and I really had not considered removing it... Genuinely interested with regard to what others do... and why.

Breaking into parked cars for the dash cams is becoming increasingly common.  Even for the cheaper cameras the damage is already done by the time that they have broken in and realised that it's only a £40 camera.

I've always thought of it in a very simple way.....I wouldn't leave a £10 or £20 note on display in my car. So why would I leave something of greater value and interest on display either?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

THat's fine but the dealer installed Kenwood Dashcam is not removable (at least easily). I'd asked them to install my Nextbase but the gave me the Kenwood with installation for free as delivery was late. The Nextbase was easily taken out and in my opinion was abetter dash cam

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Geaser said:

THat's fine but the dealer installed Kenwood Dashcam is not removable (at least easily). I'd asked them to install my Nextbase but the gave me the Kenwood with installation for free as delivery was late. The Nextbase was easily taken out and in my opinion was abetter dash cam

That's interesting. My dealer has just installed the Kenwood DRV-A501W on my new Superb, which is very easy to unplug from its windscreen mount. 

That is good to hear. Wish mine did. Other moan is not easy to lock file quickly. On Nextbase there was a button on back which you pressed to lock an event. On my Kenwood you have to go via a menu - can't do when driving - otherwise it does work very well. Good luck with yours - can be very useful.