Low down on the low down..

I have to access an address with a private drive which my Superb Greenline catches the underside, is there a cheap easy way to gain 1" lift?

Airride might be too expensive

spring assisters? air balls? adjustable shockers?

had the car on a 4 post lift and theres no visible reason why its low

Grayson-Coil-Spring-Assister-And-Raiser.jpg

Edited by lichfielddriver

Have you measured the height from middle wheel to wheel  arch

there is a post  with the chart of ride heights 2nd post down

Greenlines are 15mm lower than standard but could be rear springs are sagging

Edited by DEL80Y
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

'Ground hog' thread.

If you buy low supposedly economical Super Low Vehicles then that is what you end up driving.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/467646-i-measure-mine-want-to-measure-yours

My previous 2015 NON-Greenline was the same..

but thanks

• Like 1

on level ground 3/4 tank of fuel no driver/passenger i have 650mm ground to top of inside wheel arch, from centre of wheel to wheel arch 360mm

now to find another superb to measure.

18 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

'Ground hog' thread.

If you buy low supposedly economical Super Low Vehicles then that is what you end up driving.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/467646-i-measure-mine-want-to-measure-yours

My lads 508 SW 1.6 does 800+ miles on a tank of derv but doesnt catch any speed humps

bang goes your theory

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, lichfielddriver said:

My lads 508 SW 1.6 does 800+ miles on a tank of derv but doesnt catch any speed humps

What is the tank capacity on the Peugeot? Quoting miles per tank is only relevant if the tank capacities are identical.

I prefer to leave that information out when I'm asked if my E-220 goes further than my Superb 1.6d did .... I dont like to ruin my friends good impression with facts.  😏

• Haha 1

The Greenline has "sports suspension" which lowers the ride height by about 15mm. Fitting standard springs will raise the ride height by about 15mm, or fitting "off-road" springs will raise the ride height by about 30mm.

Changing 195/65R15 tyres to 205/70R15 tyres, or 205/55R16 tyres to 215/60R16 tyres will increase the ride height by about 15mm. Either of these tyre changes will increase the gearing by about 5% which may or may not be acceptable to you.

So a change of springs and tyres could increase the ride height by about 30mm or 45mm.

If the front discs are more than 288mm in diameter, 15" diameter front wheels won't fit. You don't need to measure the front discs exactly, as the next size up is about 312mm. 312mm diameter front discs need at least a 16" diameter front wheel to clear the front brake calipers.

Edited by Carlston