Remapping Skoda Fabia

Hello

i have a Skoda vrs mk1 stage 1 and I’m waiting to upgrade to stage 2 im just wondering what would be the best exhaust, air filter, intercooler would be to upgrade too. Also if you have anything else I could add to the car to make it better let me know as well

Guest BigJase88

Stages are daft

You have 170bhp give or take, upgrading to so called stage 2 (which it won't be) you will have 170bhp, the difference is with the intercooler you will be able to use all 170bhp all of the time, the standard side mount intercooler struggles at remapped power and becomes 'heat soaked' very easily.

The limiting factor is the stock turbo you are already at max power with it, for any decent gains you need a bigger turbo

Best fmic for you will probably be a copy of the pd160 Ibiza cupra intercooler, widely available on ebay, then you will want the pd160 turbo boost pipes, also widely available on ebay, I would also recommend an Ibiza crashbar as these are thinner than the fabia crash bar and can accommodate the Ibiza cooler / pipework without modification, the fabia crashbar requires some major mods to support the pd160 intercooler

links

intercooler     https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-Front-Mount-Intercooler-For-Seat-Sport-Skoda-Fabia-6Y-VRS-1-9-TDI-130PD/233312100870?hash=item36527c2206:g:~fIAAOSw6DNcfJ67

pipework        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intercooler-Pipping-Kit-for-Seat-Ibiza-VW-Polo-Skoda-Fabia-with-Seat-Sport/153289549292?hash=item23b0c4e5ec:g:rygAAOSw8MxcBi~Z

crashbar         https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-IBIZA-MK4-6L-FRONT-BUMPER-REINFORCEMENT-IMPACT-BEAM-CRASH-BAR-2002-2008/274114060102?epid=20020575922&hash=item3fd2789f46:g:W30AAOSw-Ihd3D9g

for airfilter keep stock but uprate trumpet to a pd160 type, stock paper filters offer the best protection for the turbo so stick with that, cone filters / induction kits are a nonsense

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-SEAT-Ibiza-Cupra-PD160-Air-Intake-Upgrade-6LL-129-621-6LL-129-618/132692343790?hash=item1ee5147bee:g:SYEAAOSwMxtbPzMa

that's just an example that picture shows the difference to the pd130 intake, I would not purchase that one at that price as that's bonkers, I remember when you could buy them brand new from seat for circa £40

Exhaust probably a Milltek CELI100/200 cat and cat back system, looks the nicest and probably the best made

I don't totally agree with Jase. Get a variation on the Audi/Swiss cheese modification on the SMIC intercooler outlet and that's enough for fast road use.

Choose your tuner, and get their advice on extras if you want to go much further than a generic map (proven to be good for around 180bhp by various rolling roads).

1 hour ago, Aaronbuxton911 said:

Hello

i have a Skoda vrs mk1 stage 1 and I’m waiting to upgrade to stage 2 im just wondering what would be the best exhaust, air filter, intercooler would be to upgrade too. Also if you have anything else I could add to the car to make it better let me know as well

You already have the best exhaust and induction systems, both good to 220 BHP easily.

An FMIC is the next stage and bigjase has given you the info you need, after that you'll need a bigger turbo.

Guest BigJase88
8 hours ago, KenONeill said:

I don't totally agree with Jase. Get a variation on the Audi/Swiss cheese modification on the SMIC intercooler outlet and that's enough for fast road use.

Choose your tuner, and get their advice on extras if you want to go much further than a generic map (proven to be good for around 180bhp by various rolling roads).

I had 173bhp with the vent in the arch lining and the intercooler was completely heat soaked after 1 1/4 mile run, was heat soaked down to about 100 horses or thats all that felt like was left anyways

Edited by BigJase88

Guest BigJase88
10 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

You already have the best exhaust and induction systems, both good to 220 BHP easily.

An FMIC is the next stage and bigjase has given you the info you need, after that you'll need a bigger turbo.

+ suspension mods

+ brake mods

+ uprated clutch and flywheel

totally not worth it on a 15 year old car.

you want a fast car you buy a fast car.... simples

Guest BigJase88
4 minutes ago, StevesTruck said:

Depends if you happen to like that 15 year old car.

Me, I like little cars with big diesel engines. They don't really make those any more. 

Don’t get me wrong the mk1 fabia vrs was a smashing car i just don’t see why spending 3k+ on a 1k car is worth it.

whatever fabia’s remain should now be kept stock and saved as future classics imo

1 hour ago, BigJase88 said:

+ suspension mods

+ brake mods

+ uprated clutch and flywheel

totally not worth it on a 15 year old car.

you want a fast car you buy a fast car.... simples

So all I really want to upgrade is brake clutch and fly wheel and turbo 

2 minutes ago, Aaronbuxton911 said:

You need FMIC, frankly the standard car needs one, you'll need need the clutch at the same time if you want to use the torque.

Guest BigJase88
2 minutes ago, Aaronbuxton911 said:

Can you recommend a good clutch

Helix organic clutch and Helix single mass flywheel circa £880

Guest BigJase88
8 minutes ago, Aaronbuxton911 said:

You cannot run a bigger turbo on the standard intercooler, as an example the pd150 and pd160 run a front mount intercooler. So even at that power it is beneficial. The stock smic is inadequate for anything more than 130bhp reliably

Just now, BigJase88 said:

You cannot run a bigger turbo on the standard intercooler, as an example the pd150 and pd160 run a front mount intercooler. So even at that power it is beneficial. The stock smic is inadequate for anything more than 130bhp reliably

So once ive upgraded the intercooler I should do turbo

Guest BigJase88
Just now, Aaronbuxton911 said:

So once ive upgraded the intercooler I should do turbo

I would go intercooler, brakes, suspension, clutch then turbo. Turbo is last thing as need all the hardware in place to deal with it

Just now, BigJase88 said:

I would go intercooler, brakes, suspension, clutch then turbo. Turbo is last thing as need all the hardware in place to deal with it

Okay mate thank you very much I know you’ve sent a link to the intercooler is it possible you could for everything else? 

25 minutes ago, BigJase88 said:

Don’t get me wrong the mk1 fabia vrs was a smashing car i just don’t see why spending 3k+ on a 1k car is worth it.

whatever fabia’s remain should now be kept stock and saved as future classics imo

Because if I spent £4k on a car, I probably wouldn't end up driving something that I actually like this much. I do a lot of miles, so I try to enjoy them :biggrin:

The mk1 Fabia's a great little car, they're built to last forever and a day, particularly the diesels, and putting the right mods on them improves the reliability.

9 minutes ago, BigJase88 said:

So what one exactly is it I want for my car 1 or 2 

884F5A97-C5BA-4B23-B068-2801437722A8.png

Guest BigJase88
3 minutes ago, Aaronbuxton911 said:

So what one exactly is it I want for my car 1 or 2 

884F5A97-C5BA-4B23-B068-2801437722A8.png

I would go number 2 and the single mass flywheel, dual mass flywheels suck so you will need flywheel number Hf 9282

or if you want to use the dual mass flywheel you can use the top one, you will most likely need a new original flywheel though as most likely worn.

Edited by BigJase88

Guest BigJase88
15 minutes ago, Aaronbuxton911 said:

Okay cheers 

Had another look see above post

when you start adding it all up it starts making more sense to cut loses not throw good money after bad and buy a 3l diesel bmw / audi

Edited by BigJase88

3 hours ago, BigJase88 said:

Had another look see above post

when you start adding it all up it starts making more sense to cut loses not throw good money after bad and buy a 3l diesel bmw / audi

He'll need a new clutch anyway, it doesn't make sense spending telephone numbers on these cars but a better intercooler and a hybrid turbo together with a good map hits the sweet spot at about 220BHP.