Current Maps and Firmware Levels

Hi All,

I have just gotten my hands on a Superb II Elegance with the Columbus Sat Nav and whilst searching through the forum (I new so might of missed a sticky thread) I couldn't determine what numbers my unit could go to.

I understand that rustynuts is the man to ask but being new I can't PM...

My HW version is: H70

Current SW version: 4120

And maps: 7960 (Not sure about disk version)

Not that I have any want to update the software if it's a known good version but the maps seem a little out of date.

Cheers all!

• 2 months later...

Cheers for that Varaderguy... I did check that website, it's come up with nothing... So a disk it is for the maps... Just want to know what the latest one is and whether updating the units software is even worth bothering about... Seems fine at the moment but I work in IT and like to run software versions that prolong the life of the unit.

Maps are well out of date. V16 (8536) are the latest available (V17 is out but dealer only at the moment I suspect).

Software version is fine as long as it's all functioning as it should. If it aint broke etc...

1 hour ago, vRS G60 said:

Maps are out of date. The new link road between the M6 and Morcambe isn't on it and it's been there a couple of years at least.

What map version do you have installed?

Navigation Database = 5L0051236L0635. But I connected to the Skoda portal and was told no updates available.

Edited by vRS G60

More importantly, what version Columbus do you have? The Skoda portal is often volunteered in error for people who have the earlier Columbus fitted to the MK2 Octavia. There are no online updates for that model, online updates cover the MIB Columbus fitted to the MK3 Octavia.

Yes, that's an Amundsen mib2 unit. There are updates available online, the thread here is regarding the RNS510 based Columbus, so you're in the wrong place asking the wrong question.

Edited by Rustynuts

OK but the thread title says 'current maps & firmware levels' no mention of unit type and I didn't ask a question, I've now seen the Amundsen Mib2 Map Updates thread. Some instructions would be nice for an idiot like myself.