Anyone Awaiting Delivery?

CJW

I'm waiting for my new Fabia vRS (Black Magic - no extras), the order was placed for me by the leasing company in the first week in March.

Before the order was finalised the dealer said there would be a 3-4 week delivery time and I spoke to the dealer directly in the 3rd week of March and he said it left the factory on the 17th March.

I've called the dealer a few times since then and right up until last week I was still being told that the car was in shipping, with no delivery time confirmed. I'm desperate to get my hands on the car, plus the person waiting for my current Octavia is understandably getting frustrated.

I was just wondering if anyone else is waiting for delivery and if you've got a delivery date yet?

Or if you've recently taken delivery of a Fabia and when the order is placed?

Hi there matey,

I put the deposit down on my vRS on the 20th March...... It's a cancelled order that someone made in January / February time so was due to be built the that week or the following week. (Should have been a full 8-12 week wait due to it being a factory order).

I spoke to the dealer on 6th April and they said the car was at the port waiting to be shipped over to the UK and that i should still be looking at a mid-to-end of April collection date..... Not heard anything as yet so will probably give them another call at the end of this week.

Cheers

Dave.

Ordered mine on 25th Feb. Spoke to the dealer a couple of weeks ago - he said it's being built Week 16 (Mid April). I assume Week 16 is this week. So I'm hoping that is will be maybe another 3 weeks.

I share your frustration - I've a GTi I'm hoping to be rid of prior to the MoT and road tax headache.

Being the first brand new car I've bought - I'm on a reality check as to the time taken to get the keys!!!

Ho Hum, :rolleyes:

D

Calm down, Calm down - it will get here :)

Although can some explain why it takes 2-3 weeks from build to arrival in UK, as they are transported by train across europe, then boat from mainland europe to UK shores.

The only reason I can see it taking so long , is that the train is a clockwork windup one, & the boat has the slowest engine ever made. ;)

I bet someone could ride a bicycle quicker from the UK to the Skoda factory. :rofl:

Ordered my vRS back in the first week of Feb via a leasing company and still no sign of a delivery date! Luckily my Mother is buying my old Mx5 so there is no rush although with the few nice days we have had lately I think she would really like to get hold of it now. I will miss the Mx5 in the summer and for its superb handling, but needed a car with 4 seats for a reasonable price and the vRS seemed to fit the bill perfectly.

The original estimated date has long since passed. Don't think I will be driving it until sometime next month the way things are going. Hoping to get it run in nicely before a trip to Belgium in June!

Will let you guys know when I get a delivery date to help out all of you other frustrated waiters!

I've spoken to both the dealer and the lease company over the last couple of days and got a few more answers.

Apparently the car arrived in the UK on Tuesday (18th) so the dealer is waiting for confirmation of transport from docks, that takes a few days, then the delivery itself followed by the pre-delivery tasks by the dealer & lease company.

So still no definative, date but closer than I have been for a while. Part of the delay was down to the leasing company, as it took longer for them to place the order with the dealer. Order was placed on 15th March and the car left 2 days later!!

I'm still bemused how a car can leave a factory on 17th March and not appear in the UK until 18th April with nobody really knowing where it is in between. (Previous post in thread certainly clear that up though)

I lose the Octavia tomorrow so I have to resort to driving the wife's Fiat Punto for the 50mile commute to avoid a 2hours+ train journey into work!!:(

I've also spoken to the dealers again yesterday afternoon......... Apparently my car arrived in the UK on 12th April and the dealer is currently awaiting it's arrival at the dealership..... I've been told it should arrive next week.

Cheers

Dave.

i ordered my Fab VRS in January and then the dealer told me my order was lost so it was re-orderd febuary and still i am waiting now.

Before the easter break I was told it failed it PDI test as the rear door wouldn't open after using central locking. I was told a week for parts. Apparently now the dealer dont know where the car is at all and it could be another 2 weeks??

I think someone is telling porkies. not a good way to run a business at all!!

if they don't sort it out i will go public on them as i am well peed off.

Shame the car is ordered through family as it was a favour but still no matter if they ain't making profit on my car I am still a customer!!

I am not happy. especially as they have my deposit and have had it for 4 months!!

I ordered mine in mid march, and it left the factory last week, shold be ready for collection in early - mid may. According to the dealership anyway.

It should be on its way to tilbury as we speak, about a week of being hoolinaged around there, then about a week to the dealers, where they keep it for a week or so

Maybe I should start cleaning the honda so I can sell it.

The fingers are now crossed..... dealer is expecting it to arrive on the lorry tonight, and agreed to turn around the PDI by Thursday afternoon because of all the hassles to date.

The lease company that I ordered my Black vRS from has just called to say that it is at my local dealer. Just have to get my insurance sorted now and can hopefully collect it Friday/Tuesday, although Friday would be preferable! Looking forward to it now.

Ordered it back in first week of Feb so about 12-13 weeks waiting for me!

I've just spoken to the dealer today and the car is ready for collection when i want......... First day i can get over there is next Friday (5th) so it gives me a week to get the insurance sorted etc.....

Deposit was put down on 20th March so about 5 weeks in total..... although as i said in a post above mine was a cancelled order so should have been the standard 8-12 week wait.

Cheers

Dave.

Ordered it back in first week of Feb so about 12-13 weeks waiting for me!

..blimey 12-13 weeks! What a nightmare.

I had a no-show on the transporter today, been told they have asked for it to be delivered Thursday, ready for a collection on Friday.

So close, but yet so far.

Saw my new car today when I dropped the insurance into the dealers for it to be taxed! Just hope they clean it before I collect it as it was filthy!! Hopefully collect it tomorrow although I am not too hopeful having waited so long already.

although I am not too hopeful having waited so long already.

I know what you mean, wont believe it until they keys are in the ignition and I am behind the wheel.

At long last, I picked up the keys at lunchtime today!!

Well worth the wait :D ...it had been so long since my test drive I'd almost forgotten what the drive was like.

Not anymore. :thumbup:

Just picked up my new Fabia VRS :rofl: :rofl: - ordered on 20th Feb and quoted 10 weeks and sure enough 10 long weeks have gone by and I am now the owner of a nice shiny new Fabia VRS. :D :D

Many thanks to Anthony at Simpsons of Colne :thumbup: - matched the best price found on the net, kept me informed all the way through and made sure everything went to plan. Went up yesterday to collect the car and it was ready and waiting for me - he even filled it up with fuel to make sure I made the 200 mile journey south without needing to get out of my nice heated seats :rofl: :rofl:

Anybody wanting excellent price and fab customer service - give Anthony a ring on 01282 864266

Thanks Mate :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: