Suspension options.

Looking to upgrade the fabs suspension and lower it 25mm or so. I've done some reading and the ap kit has good reports. As does the bilstein b12 kit(expensive though. Eibach springs with b4 shocks is another option I've read somewhere as well. 

I'd like it pretty much standard as in comfort (or better if possible) and lowered but not slammed or anything silly.  . Any other options I should consider?

Cheers all 

My shocks werent in great nick which is part of the reason I got the b4s. So obviously had a noticeable improvement.

No complaints with the handling, 

Difficult to say about the ride as im currently running 185/60 r15 winter tyres and before was on 195 55 r15 wheels and tyres. Have had the original alloys on for over 2 years now.

58 minutes ago, Munfred said:

My shocks werent in great nick which is part of the reason I got the b4s. So obviously had a noticeable improvement.

No complaints with the handling, 

Difficult to say about the ride as im currently running 185/60 r15 winter tyres and before was on 195 55 r15 wheels and tyres. Have had the original alloys on for over 2 years now.

Thanks for the reply. They are sounding like a decent option 

• Sponsor

B4's are no good for the VRS, they're longer than standard. 

As mentioned the B12 kit is firm but the handling is immense. A good in-between option is the AP kit - https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/car-parts/skoda/fabia/ap-25mm-lowering-springs-shocks-suspension-kitfabia-6y-19992007-19tdi-vrs

Damian @ DPM Performance 

I have the B4 shocks and Eibach springs, don't know why they say they are wrong for the VRS as they work fine and don't bottom out even with the Eibach -25 springs.

I ummed and arhhd for years before finally going for this suspension combination as I did not want to ruin the ride quality, I can confirm for the majority of driving it is better than the standard suspension, very slightly firmer but soaks up the bumps as well as standard while giving less body roll when cornering.

The springs don't lower it much but does help to shorten the huge gap between tyre and wheel arch.

I have the B12 set up lowers the car 25mm handling is pin point perfect would recommend. I don't see the point in scrimping on a major item that will increase your enjoyment of driving the vehicle. TBH I don't find the ride that hard and I have a bad back.

I'll be soon in the market for a B12 setup - any pictures of what a B12 25mm drop looks like ? 

Mine has cheapo coilovers and I'm assuming standard shocks and it's choppy enough, rattling the false teeth in my head ! It's bouncy enough over the country lanes and I'm too old now 😂

I bought about 6 month ago 25mm Eipach lowering springs and Sachs 317 645 shock front and back come Sachs 280 565 shock.

My tyres is 215/45-16 and im happy whit this setup. Its stif enoght but still riding comfort is ok.