Black roof? Yes or No

I have a Meteor Grey Sportline Plus 4x4 Estate and during this lockdown period I am thinking of replacing all the badges to black ones and when able maybe even to either paint or wrap the roof black including the roof spoiler.

has anyone done this on their car - what would be best painted or wrap?

thanks

Paint would be better, but wrap would probably be cheaper and reversible (important if the car is on a PCH / PCP etc).

Wraps can however shrink slightly over time.

15 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Paint would be better, but wrap would probably be cheaper and reversible (important if the car is on a PCH / PCP etc).

Wraps can however shrink slightly over time.

Yes I was heading towards a wrap option - Have asked two companies for a quote and neither have responded - I was thinking £2-300?  Guessing.

1 hour ago, boydeee said:

I think with the Sportline black trim combined with your paint (primer 😉) colour, that could look good. Some photoshopping could help make your mind up?

Ill do some pics and some photoshop - good idea

That will look nice. I had a quote to do the roof on my MG hatch and it was £270. The wrap would have been a perfect match to the  gloss black trim, or so I was told

You can get badges from Superskoda and the colour coded and black emblems look ace IMO 

Great thanks. so my guess for price was close!

I've been looking for the colour coded Emblems but they don't seem to do the Meteor Grey version plus I cannot find touchup paint for it either  (I have a very small stone chip)

@Mactab

A Hatchback owner had the roof wrapped in black on his Candy White version. Great result ! 

May be a good 'upgrade' for yours. I also agree about wrapping to be a safer solution. If you don't like it anymore, you can remove it easily. ;) 

Otherwise, I've found Meteor Grey color code to be F6F6, but when looking for au touch up paint, F6F6 is called 'Metal grey - F7Y'... OEM P/N of this pen is 3T0050300AF7Y

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/Paint-it-yourself/Original-Skoda-Touch-up-sets/

Dealing now with emblems, here is what Superskoda.com proposes:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-original-Skoda-emblem-INT-version-FRONT

Based on my sentence above, the logo you're looking for seems to be the 'F7Y - Quartz grey' in the drop down menu.

May be interesting to contact them and have the right color code confirmed. ;) 

18 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

F7Y - Quartz grey'

IMO I think it's the 'Steel Grey(F7A)' emblem that is required for what is referred to in the UK market as Meteor Grey.  It's certainly the one I'd order for my own MG sportline. 

o3-znk-int-f7a.jpg

Different markets and even different Skoda models refer to the same colour name sometimes, even though it can be a completely different shade.  It gets confusing!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mactab said:

Thanks guys - Ill make some enquires with Superskoda and report back with the info.

very confusing

To add further confusion, they only advertise the emblem for the front but in fact the same one fits both front and rear 😃

16 hours ago, JR RS said:

I've got my roof vinyl wrapped in gloss black.

Love it!

aviary-image-1525674202052.thumb.jpeg.f867b8784f11910d62cdb5ab4e4a45dd.jpeg

5afbd6b6ad97a_shinny04.thumb.jpg.6fda0a33147042ac2cf310c9004c7c6b.jpg

These r from another member's car....

5ae565f9a6668_glossblack01.thumb.jpg.f0dbc80e6afb700dc45f81fcfcb0dd73.jpg

5ae565fc4e2b8_glossblack02.thumb.jpg.d1d7c6abe18076f8bca4e1b7132033bc.jpg

5ae565fe84617_glossblack04.thumb.jpg.c6322afe3383976e0f2f4c86fee3699d.jpg

That looks really nice!

10 hours ago, penguin17 said:

To add further confusion, they only advertise the emblem for the front but in fact the same one fits both front and rear 😃

I have mailed super skoda but no reply as yet as soon as I know for certain Ill be 

ordering.

Reply from Superskoda to the effect that they do not know that colour so I emailed Skoda UK with my car details and they replied with the following:

Please find below the information you require relating to your ŠKODA SUPERB:
  • SUPERB Estate SportLine Plus 2.0 TDI 190 PS 4x4 DSG
  • Colour Description – Meteor Grey
  • Colour Code – M3M3
  • Paint Number – LF7A

horray!!! 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/04/2020 at 22:33, penguin17 said:

IMO I think it's the 'Steel Grey(F7A)' emblem that is required for what is referred to in the UK market as Meteor Grey.  It's certainly the one I'd order for my own MG sportline. 

o3-znk-int-f7a.jpg

Different markets and even different Skoda models refer to the same colour name sometimes, even though it can be a completely different shade.  It gets confusing!

Steel grey is definitely what you need - it’s what I ordered for mine and matches perfectly. 

I’d really love a full set of black badges but they don’t do the full set. 

A4DB0AFB-DA1C-4C0F-8704-23E4FB8CB863.jpeg

5 minutes ago, bigman1976 said:

Steel grey is definitely what you need - it’s what I ordered for mine and matches perfectly. 

I’d really love a full set of black badges but they don’t do the full set. 

A4DB0AFB-DA1C-4C0F-8704-23E4FB8CB863.jpeg

Looks great. I’m sure the front emblem fits the rear. Someone else bought 2 and they fit their business grey 280 with no problems. 

If Superskoda did the full set of badges (Skoda, Superb, 4x4) in black, I’d do it but I don’t really want to debadge and just have the central round badge. I know that they do Skoda so just need them to get a Superb one done now!

It would look awesome. As would the black roof of the OP!

12 minutes ago, bigman1976 said:

If Superskoda did the full set of badges (Skoda, Superb, 4x4) in black, I’d do it but I don’t really want to debadge and just have the central round badge. I know that they do Skoda so just need them to get a Superb one done now!

It would look awesome. As would the black roof of the OP!

Ah yeah. I follow now. Yeah when I looked it was just the Superb badge that they didn’t do in black. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Ah yeah. I follow now. Yeah when I looked it was just the Superb badge that they didn’t do in black. 

Just picking up the tread - So big YES to the F7A paint.  Thanks all

Superskoda do the

emblems at                                     €44.99ea

Standard Skoda name in Black   €19.99

Superb in Black                              € 29.99

4x4 in black                                    €17.99

Long Skoda (2020 version)          €39.99   Im playing about with maybe using one of those on the space under the Number plate on the Estate, moving Superb to the left and keeping 4x4 on the right.

So its €157.95 to change them all over to black or €177.95 if going the long Skoda version and probably an afternoons work.