Did some underbody trim fall off my car? (photos inc)

Hi guys,

Bit of an odd one. Last week when going out to my car I couldn't help but notice a piece of plastic trim was 'hanging down' in front of the rear passenger side wheel. I saw it was a part of the underbody plastic and when I pushed it up it didn't so much click as 'sit' into place. I phoned the dealer and naturally they were closed due to what's going on at the moment.

Fast forward to today where I took the car on its first trip in a while - I decided when I got back to take another look at that piece that was hanging down to see that it looks like it came off. 

Please find pics attached. Was this an essential piece of trim? Was it big or small? What bugs me about it is that I don't know why it started hanging off. I ordered the car with the extra stone protection underneath so I don't know if it was one of those extra parts that fell off or is it a more essential piece that I need to replace asap.

Thanks briskodians for your help as always!

IMG_20200421_141729.jpg

IMG_20200421_141734.jpg

Hi,

I would say this looks just like mine but to be honest I don't look under the body that often. Could you explain where this piece would have been, maybe draw to give us a hint? I can maybe snap a picture of mine to compare

Thanks guys for the replies. Maybe it's just my paranoia but I could have sworn there was more underbody plastic covering that black cable with blue tape on it - the plastic to the left looks like it has holes for additional pieces to 'connect' to. 

The video is so fast moving it's hard to get a good look at the underbody panels. 

I should have mentioned that I took those photos from the passenger side of the car. 

Hopefully all is ok. Thank you all for the help so far.

I took a couple of pictures of my underside (LHD, pictures from the left side). Sorry for the dirt, all car washes have been closed until further notice 😞

I also made a short film, you can maybe get a better idea; the file is too large to upload here so PM me and I will send directly if you wish.

20200430_211604.jpg

20200430_211536.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Mine has started peeling down as well. You’re not missing any but the screws are plastic and mine have broken reversing onto an unfinished driveway. 

Considering removing it but it does look like it covers some electrics so just gorilla taped it so it doesn’t hang anymore and look unsightly.

On 29/04/2020 at 09:23, cheezemonkhai said:

There was something lose...

and when I looked later it was gone....

So yes something fell off.

The question is does it matter and where do I get the fitting to secure the remaining trim/replacement part if it matters.

As usual I'm late to the party, but here's the underside of my car, with what I think are slightly different panels (one each side) in place.

P1010292 - Copy.JPG

P1010290 - Copy.JPG