Kodiak VRS 4x4 brakes specs

Hello guys,

Can anyone tell me what diameter does the brake discs have ? Front and back ? 340 front and 310 back ? or am i wrong ? I want to change them with something more performant. Thanks!

The same as all the other Kodiaqs. Just brake calipers have more pistons. Do not know the dimensions though.

I find them pretty good, but if you find they need upgrading, go ahead.

12 minutes ago, linni said:

The same as all the other Kodiaqs. Just brake calipers have more pistons. Do not know the dimensions though.

I find them pretty good, but if you find they need upgrading, go ahead.

Where's your source on this? Looking at Skoda's technical data sheet, they list single floating piston for the calipers.

image.thumb.png.c4e1600da82a88bba4ea9b5c5626d2bc.png

image.thumb.png.64205193e829e898744cfe24c2485ac0.png

I've also taken a look at the part numbers (front: 5G0615123B/5G0615124B, rear 8V0615423A/8V0615424A) and they're both single piston floating calipers, fronts from the Octavia RS and rears from the Audi RS3.

5G0615123B,SKODA 5G0615123B Brake Caliper for SKODAimage.png.4b458eadfde537b5f466e113a71aa599.png

OP - 340mm & 310mm is correct. I would recommend you take the OEM+ route and look at doing an Audi TTS caliper swap as it should directly bolt on.

image.png

- thank for info guys. So as far as i checked, the Audi TTS and TTRS are bolt on and come in 2 dimensions: on TTS - 350 mm disk with 4 pot caliper and on TTRS 370 mm disk and also 4 pot caliper. 

-  i saw on octavia VRS forum a guy upgraded the standard 340 mm with 1 pot caliper, to audi TTRS 370 mm disk and 4 pot caliper. He was complaining that is forced to put only 19" wheels or bigger. So my winter wheels would not fit. is that right ? 

Nah, front disc is 340 mm if I remember correctly. More pistons doesn`t mean bigger calipers. I am using 18" alloys set with studded tyres in wintertime.

Or was it 314 mm for front disc?

Edited by linni

If the vRS has the same size discs as the non-vRS then these are the non-vRS brake specs for the UK.

However there are three different front brake disc sizes depending on the engine fitted.

Presumably the vRS will use the largest of the three...

1ZA @ 312mm

1LW @ 314mm

1LA @ 340mm

1ZA...

image.png.f1a35d6d64d6eb1f20aff9cd959c33d6.png

1LW...

image.png.03ff3379d56cb5ba76ba0d2f2ae373d3.png

image.png.88434116b308ba028fbc8acfc020fd54.png

1LA...

image.png.2d6dadc1eb7bca5588fd3f1d95cc48e1.png

The rear discs are all the same, 1KU @ 300mm.

1KU...

image.png.286b1e3d2ebf03bcb553e00d6e2f0d63.png

39 minutes ago, linni said:

Are they?

Just the front caliper size says they have 2 pistons each. If only one, why to bother at all? Yeah, bigger piston and red paint, but anyway?

The TTS calipers have 4 fixed pistons while the Kodiaq RS ones are single floating/sliding calipers. There will be a big improvement on clamping force, obviously at the cost for increased pad/rotor wear.

@silver1011 Kodiaq RS rear brakes are 310mm - part number 5Q0615601E.

Edited by ZacDaMan72
rear brakes

Kodiaq vRS front discs, according to Euro Car Parts are available in two diameters...

1ZA @ 312mm

image.png.140acb795d334433e0068b0eb3788ed1.png

1LW @ 314mm...

image.png.740640833cbeb4fb2c48c82b0e6dbf4a.png

Kodiaq vRS rear discs, 1KJ @ 310mm...

image.png.73846814bfdba9795863d80f5294436d.png

Not that ECP can be trusted all of the time!

image.png.f4fde5e5cf41cd195f7d458ea5ee6005.png

image.thumb.png.41073282b33b585ca2c6f00e6341312d.png

So, conclusion - Kodiaq RS has the same front (and rear) discs as other Kodiaq top models (340 mm), maybe slightly bigger piston in caliper.

And red paint, which dosn`t give any extra horsepower unfortunately.

Following with interest, am not looking for bigger brakes as believe the braking system is more than capably might upgrade the standard pads when time comes and am looking at maybe an upgraded disc and pad combo with slotted and cross drilled disks so have been looking at Audi and Vw  sites as there seems to be a lot more options for these brands, would love a 2 piece cross drilled disc as used in motorsport more for aesthetics than anything,  who Doesn’t love seeing a big multi bolt 2 piece disc on performance cars, stupid and vain I know but want to be a bit different! On a slightly different note changing rubber brake hoses for braided steel types will give a better stronger pedal feel and harder brake application due to fluid only expanding in  the piston chamber,  Also swapping calliper Piston size or piston amount ie single to 4 can change pedal travel and pedal feel,Am  not a mechanic but a little knowledge is dangerous! 

4 hours ago, god323 said:

Following with interest, am not looking for bigger brakes as believe the braking system is more than capably might upgrade the standard pads when time comes and am looking at maybe an upgraded disc and pad combo with slotted and cross drilled disks so have been looking at Audi and Vw  sites as there seems to be a lot more options for these brands, would love a 2 piece cross drilled disc as used in motorsport more for aesthetics than anything,  who Doesn’t love seeing a big multi bolt 2 piece disc on performance cars, stupid and vain I know but want to be a bit different! On a slightly different note changing rubber brake hoses for braided steel types will give a better stronger pedal feel and harder brake application due to fluid only expanding in  the piston chamber,  Also swapping calliper Piston size or piston amount ie single to 4 can change pedal travel and pedal feel,Am  not a mechanic but a little knowledge is dangerous! 

Not even going to pick the bones out of that other than to say someone far cleverer to me explained it once and it's down to the Master Cylinder verses Slave Cylinder equation.

The standard ones are OK but the TTRS calipers are a very good match and you can use the stock disks with the appropriate caliper brackets. If you are going huge brake kit though a Master Cylinder upgrade would be appropriate.

Many questions can be answered here. I am no way associated with said website. https://www.vagbremtechnic.com/

6 hours ago, god323 said:

Also swapping calliper Piston size or piston amount ie single to 4 can change pedal travel and pedal feel,Am  not a mechanic but a little knowledge is dangerous! 

There's a plethora of information on Golf R forums about the swap which can be researched before deciding on if the caliper swap is worth it. Of course changing pads/rotors will be much more cost effective, however for the (reasonably) ultimate setup without having to get a super expensive Brembo/StopTech BBK, the TTS swap is probably the best way to go.