Right headlight bulb doesn't work.

I have a Superb Mk1 that seems to have gotten a sudden wiring problem with the right headlight's main bulb. The wires inside the light itself seem good and have a good connection, but the h7 bulb wont light up. I've tried a few different bulbs. Then when I checked the voltage with a multi meter it briefly shot up to 1.4 volts and dropped to 0 right away. 

I know this is a shoddy explanation, but I'm hoping that someone has any idea what could cause it.

Best regards,

- The guy who knows nothing about electricity

You could have a look at the fuse... left and right headlights are fused separately. Main beams: fuse 18 is RH and fuse 19 is LH (each is 10 amp).  Dipped beams 20 is RH and 21 is LH (each fuse is 15amp)

• Like 1

I have the same issue left side (Passenger) main beam stopped working, as Tdi1.9 says above they are fused separately, I have no voltage at the fuse so I think the issue is between there and the headlight dipper/flasher switch will have to get the steering cover off to access the switch to check. The rest of the lights all work fine, it coincided with pulling the dash to replace a heater core/matrix so possibly related I may have pinched a wire. As far as I can see power goes from the battery to the ignition switch and from there to the dipper/flasher switch then to the fuse and out to the headlight from there, get a multimeter and a wiring diagram and go from there.

Downloads available here https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do you have to pay 7 euro for an hours access but you can easily download all the PDFs related to your car not just the wiring in that time get them all while you are in there!

• 5 weeks later...
On 06/05/2020 at 14:06, gfinneran said:

I have the same issue left side (Passenger) main beam stopped working, as Tdi1.9 says above they are fused separately, I have no voltage at the fuse so I think the issue is between there and the headlight dipper/flasher switch will have to get the steering cover off to access the switch to check. The rest of the lights all work fine, it coincided with pulling the dash to replace a heater core/matrix so possibly related I may have pinched a wire. As far as I can see power goes from the battery to the ignition switch and from there to the dipper/flasher switch then to the fuse and out to the headlight from there, get a multimeter and a wiring diagram and go from there.

Downloads available here https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do you have to pay 7 euro for an hours access but you can easily download all the PDFs related to your car not just the wiring in that time get them all while you are in there!

Mine turned out to be a broken wire behind the drivers kick panel relay block, probably damaged when pulling the dash to replace the heater core/matrix.