Skoda Enyaq

vrskeith

Just joined the forum as after a lot of looking at the options, I've gone for an Enyaq 80 (Ecosuite trim in slate grey, 150kw charging, heat pump, towbar and quite a few of the packs) for a salary sacrifice car. Headline price was £763 for 3 years 10k miles and no deposit, but the tax perk brings it down to £420. This was replacing the "big family car" so the size was exactly what I was looking for, it will be replacing a C4 Grand Picasso. Useage is a real mix from commuting 20 mile round trip to multiple longer trips (I have a family that loves theme parks and castles...) at weekends

Was a bit worried about going EV, as home charging will be a challenge - no offroad space at the front, so if I put one in it will need to go through the house (maybe up and through in the loft) and down a 15 metre garden - but my work has installed 40 podpoint chargers and the infrastructure around here is slowly getting better too. So I am awaiting a couple of quotes for installation and will do a cost/benefit tradeoff as to whether it is cheaper to pay upfront for the home charger or to charge away from home....

I'm now in the limbo of waiting for the delivery date!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vrskeith said:

This guy does a vet informative over view imo.

And I don’t ? FYI he is a friend that I mentored for YouTube, he used to work for Croatian AutoClub.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xman said:

763 seems way too expensive for a 3year/10k pa lease as a starting point!

I understand the principles behind salary sacrifice can't find an easy to understand comparison calculator.

Sorry, typo - it is 736. And when I say "quite a few " packs I mean most of them! The P11D cost is over 47k to give you an idea.

I'm not worried about the headline cost because I never need to see that bit, it is the net cost. £420 a month and all I need to do is charge it, everything else is covered. Also you need to consider that there is no deposit to pay, so a couple of grand I can use for other things (or indeed not need to find in the first place)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vrskeith said:

This guy does a very informative over view imo. But a bit lacking this time imo.

With verbal this time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DMR1012 said:

Yes - one of the few options I actually didn't pick...

How do you add it ? The dealer didn’t seemed to know how . I have an idea for it so it doesn’t look as daft 

21 hours ago, DMR1012 said:

Sorry, typo - it is 736. And when I say "quite a few " packs I mean most of them! The P11D cost is over 47k to give you an idea.

I'm not worried about the headline cost because I never need to see that bit, it is the net cost. £420 a month and all I need to do is charge it, everything else is covered. Also you need to consider that there is no deposit to pay, so a couple of grand I can use for other things (or indeed not need to find in the first place)

Interesting deal, £47k (including options)

£736 month (or about 5 years 4 months to reach £47k)

But you haven’t told the whole story, as you might be saving your 40% PAYE under salary sacrifice, but you have to account for the benefit charge on your tax return (about £195 in 2021-22, £390 in 2022-23, and possibly more thereafter)

So your net is more like £440 a month this tax year, rising to £460 per month next tax year, then probably jumping as Government isn’t going to be happy losing £300 tax per month forever once EVs become mainstream

3 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

Interesting deal, £47k (including options)

£736 month (or about 5 years 4 months to reach £47k)

But you haven’t told the whole story, as you might be saving your 40% PAYE under salary sacrifice, but you have to account for the benefit charge on your tax return (about £195 in 2021-22, £390 in 2022-23, and possibly more thereafter)

So your net is more like £440 a month this tax year, rising to £460 per month next tax year, then probably jumping as Government isn’t going to be happy losing £300 tax per month forever once EVs become mainstream

The price I quoted is the average over the three years as it is already going to go up slowly (0% then 1% etc). The net cost already includes the benefit in kind tax (at least for the tax plans already announced, of course this might change). There will be a whole load of tax changes as cars move towards EV being the norm not the exception - road pricing will happen at some point I'm sure. But as a comparison, the net cost will be about £20 a month less than I'm paying for the C4 grand picasso (similarly with most of the options chosen) and that is over 4 years not 3.  You also save on the NI, not just the tax

• Like 1

Have Skoda been simply clever and made the washer fluid bottle and pipes and nozzles heated when the car is being pre-heated.   Frozen washer fluid / pipes / nozzles are such a PITA with EV,s.    The washer bottle in the cabin would make sense.  Even like built in the driver's door as and then the pipes up to the scuttle and then to the exterior.

Edited by e-Roottoot

What a shame Skoda CZ could not get right hand drive cars to Milton Keynes for the Motoring Journalists to drive so that we could see what they say about using the touch screen & physical buttons with their left hand.

The tail gate is automatic after touching a button, that is not like swinging your foot under the arse.

I want to know the possible range with all seats full of average weight adults, and bikes on the roof or on a rear bike carrier.

Knowing what the official range or estimated one with just one person in a SUV sized car is really just that.

Interesting that he was quite enthusiastic about the ID.4 but pretty lukewarm towards the Enyaq, despite them being basically the same car. As he said, is it a matter of taste and Enyaq is not his taste? Especially as was saying he'd prefer an Ioniq 5. I think Enyaq will be a great car and a strong seller, an EV for folks who don't want to shout about it.

Edited by Luckypants
  • Like 1

Race Blue Sportline 80X with pretty much every option and delivery in february, considering to pull the trigger tomorrow.

The price wasn’t that bad (with employee discounts even better).  

Anyone any idea about standard audio/tailgate  in uk ?
Is the standard tailgate is it non power   ? Does any models come with subwoofer or canton as again can’t see in config and response just as matrix grill .

thanks in advance 

19 hours ago, BGB said:

Race Blue Sportline 80X with pretty much every option and delivery in february, considering to pull the trigger tomorrow.

The price wasn’t that bad (with employee discounts even better).  

have you managed a price for the 80X? can't see it on UK configurator yet