Anyone want a Kamiq?

leckman

Because there are 1128 up for sale on Auto Trader at present.A month ago there was less than half that total.Where have all these vehicles come from?.

I presume all the Skoda factories are shut down and all the car carriers seem to be laid up in Emden.

On 22/05/2020 at 16:25, leckman said:

Because there are 1128 up for sale on Auto Trader at present.A month ago there was less than half that total.Where have all these vehicles come from?.

I presume all the Skoda factories are shut down and all the car carriers seem to be laid up in Emden.

And how many of them say "brand new"?  The reality is it's multiple adverts for the same car. Can't be ar5ed looking any further but if you search using 'mileage', well I'm up to page 25 and it still listing brand new cars. At 10 a page, that 250 adverts for what could be a handful of cars in UK stock.

It's a sales con anyway. Just looking at one advert in front of me right now - order a new SEL 1.0 TSI 115bhp Man 5dr from the dealer in Bath and the £22725 list is reduced to £21135. But before the suckers head down to Bath, they can buy the same car from a broker like DriveTheDeal for £18035 and the best part of it is, the car may well be supplied by that same Skoda garage in BATH.

Wouldn't pay any attenion to how many or what price they are on Autotrader - it's all b0ll0cks.

Edited by Guest

There are a lot out there BUT..... Drive the deal are offering discounts at £4.4k off list price far a brand new one so why would anyone pay the daft prices being offered by dealers on Autotrader for a newly new?

£19500 for a 3700 mile SE with DSG vs £17300 for a new SE with DSG - err... let me think for a while! Nuff said!

• Like 1

They are not offering prices on Autotrader they are their 'Asking prices'  well them might have to think on and 'Ask again' and be realistic.

Lots of cars needing given an Italian Tune up or at least get the rust off the discs and reset the 'fault codes'. 

Inflate tyres, reset TPMS.   Lots to do with the stock sitting unloved for a couple of months.

With production starting up again in the factories all over Europe and a back log of unsold cars I suspect that there will be some great deals out there soon.

Shame I bought my Kamiq tail end of last year!

9 hours ago, Kiero1 said:

Like you I'm wise after the event 😃

Got mine a day or two before Christmas and still only 500 miles on the clock!

Edited by longedge

I had little choice but to buy it then as I had sold my UP GTI quicker than intended, I absolutely loved the GTI but was not suitable for transporting a Dalmatian in the boot - my wife had convinced me to get a rescue palmation but uses our Q3 for her daily commute (pre lockdown) so I had to put the dog in the back of the GTI with the rear seats down which was too distracting. So I needed to get a replacement quickly and bought a Kamiq from the stock of new cars rather than ordering the spec I really wanted.

However, I doubt I could have predicted Covid 19 anyway

My mother likes it so much she wants one and hence me researching the daft prices being asked for nearly new vs discounted actual new.

Edited by Kiero1

On 23/05/2020 at 16:26, Scot5 said:

And how many of them say "brand new"?  The reality is it's multiple adverts for the same car. Can't be ar5ed looking any further but if you search using 'mileage', well I'm up to page 25 and it still listing brand new cars. At 10 a page, that 250 adverts for what could be a handful of cars in UK stock.

It's a sales con anyway. Just looking at one advert in front of me right now - order a new SEL 1.0 TSI 115bhp Man 5dr from the dealer in Bath and the £22725 list is reduced to £21135. But before the suckers head down to Bath, they can buy the same car from a broker like DriveTheDeal for £18035 and the best part of it is, the car may well be supplied by that same Skoda garage in BATH.

Wouldn't pay any attenion to how many or what price they are on Autotrader - it's all b0ll0cks.

I am guessing that many of those marked as brand new have been sitting in showrooms

Probably a fair guess to say every showroom in UK had one, with bigger showrooms having more, so that probably explains about 250 of them

But how often have you been able to walk into a showroom, pay on a debit card, and drive away the car, they are never ready to be sold, so adverts bit misleading.

But still doesn't make much sense to price a demonstrator for £2k more than new ones are offered, perhaps get away with it in a captive market at a premises, but not virtually where can see all the alternatives.  it actually works negatively in my view, allows you to highlight worst value dealers.

There may be spec differences, but if having to add options to demonstrators, doesn't say much for Skoda UK choice of what is on standard spec on each grade (does someone decide to make standard spec unattractive to sell ?).   Covid and ease of virtual comparison has made a mockery of nearly new deals

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kiero1 said:

With production starting up again in the factories all over Europe and a back log of unsold cars I suspect that there will be some great deals out there soon.

2 hours ago, longedge said:

Like you I'm wise after the event 😃

Got mine a day or two before Christmas and still only 500 miles on the clock!

It all depends what price you paid BUT there were large discounts to be had only a matter of weeks after the car was launched ( it's usually take a few months. if memory serves me right, it started to appear in the showrooms early October ).  If it's of some compensation, you avoided both Skoda recent price increases and a rise in new car tax.

I bought a new Karoq in December   ( would ave bought a Kamiq had the boot been bigger ) and as I detailed in another thread, with all the discounts and 'deals' people assume are available a the moment, the truth is the car I bought is now a fraction over £1000 more expensive. It's all part of the great sales con.  Very rarely do new cars become cheaper.

Edited by Guest

I managed to get £2k off the list price by using Carwow which was the best deal available at the time. Drive the deal weren't offering discounts when the Kamiq was launched.

I knew there would be better deals later on but needed a car back then so I'm quite happy with the deal I got which is actually better than most of the nearly new prices currently being advertised!

'Fraid I'm living proof of the old saying about a "fool and his money". I can't help doing things on the spur of the moment. Went into the dealers and had a test drive, ordered it and took delivery a week or thereabouts later. I don't for one moment doubt I could have got a cheaper deal, it's the last time I'll buy a car so what the heck 😀

37 minutes ago, longedge said:

'Fraid I'm living proof of the old saying about a "fool and his money". I can't help doing things on the spur of the moment. Went into the dealers and had a test drive, ordered it and took delivery a week or thereabouts later. I don't for one moment doubt I could have got a cheaper deal, it's the last time I'll buy a car so what the heck 😀

I always say if you're happy with what you've bought then be happy about it. You have a very good car - no matter what deal you get there's always someone out there that will say they got a better deal.

Enjoy your purchase

• Like 1

On 29/05/2020 at 12:09, longedge said:

I say hear hear!    It's the last time for me too, so yes what the heck. Only thing is, it hasn't showed up yet. Anyway it wouldn't be moving much at this time. It's sitting somewhere quietly rusting it's discs which when it appears I will be looking closely at. 

Bought an "in stock" SEL 1.5 dsg in race blue. Heated seats and reversing camera. Got what I think is a good discount and deposit contribution from Skoda and the local dealer. I was about to VT my Octavia but dealer happy to do a trade in so that's an extra bonus. 

It's sitting at the port in Germany awaiting shipment so rusty disks!

I'm a soon to be Skoda Kamiq owner and had also noted how many were showing in Autotrader ... Mine is a pre-reg ex-demonstrator, 750 miles on it, 1.0 DSG SEL in Race Blue, Vega wheels, panoramic roof, leather interior n dynamic lighting, but I still feel I got a good deal. I just need to wait while I get my private plate switched over n get the new V5 for my current car so I can do the part ex n get my new toy. Looking forward to some happy comfortable motoring once the zombie apocalypse subsides

New Kamiq.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 07/06/2020 at 11:06, e-Roottoot said:

@Rivendell63

Welcome to the forum.

I hope the DVLA are on the ball and getting back to normal service. 

Usually i get a V5 back in a week-10 days.

Just last week i finally received one after a 6 week wait.

DVLA, like most of civil servants, are sitting at home and protesting how hard worked they are as they relax in the garden!

• Like 1