4.5 yo petrol vrs advice please

Looking for some sensible advice

My car is 4.5 years old, petrol vrs with 42k miles, remapped since ~10k miles :) along with a few other upgrades (turbo inlet hose, muffler delete, upgraded arbs, eibach/bilstein lowering springs/shocks)

i  want to do a few more things like

- upgrade cornering fogs to LEDs (what bulbs and how many do i need to order?)

-  front  honeycomb grille (do i need to order just the grille from superskoda or a replacement surround as well?)

-  does the petrol vrs need a replacement timing chain/waterpump at this age/mileage?

- should i get the intake manifold checked for sludge buildup/+- cleaned

need some other things sorted like bumper off and a siren repositioned from inside engine bay to possibly a space between the horns in front of the radiator

anything else either maintenance or upgrade wise i should consider at this age/mileage?

(not interested in intercooler/turboback exhaust at present)

cheers!

i  want to do a few more things like

- upgrade cornering fogs to LEDs (what bulbs and how many do i need to order?) H16, 2 per side. They're the JDM H16's not the EU H16's surprisingly. You can get H8's to fit though

-  front  honeycomb grille (do i need to order just the grille from superskoda or a replacement surround as well?) They are separate bits IIRC

-  does the petrol vrs need a replacement timing chain/waterpump at this age/mileage? I think it's the same as the diesels 5 year or however many miles (service page on skoda's website will say)

- should i get the intake manifold checked for sludge buildup/+- cleaned unless you've a concern something is wrong, leave well alone

• Like 1

I don't believe the timing chain/water pump has an official service interval on the petrol VRS. Mine is still on its original at 70k/7years.

I believe the 4 year/40k is a major service including spark plugs. Were these done? DSG will also be due at 40k if you have it.

Yep in sitting at 60K and coming up to 7 years old in October and its the original timing chain and water pump. I don't think it needs replaced on the TSI. 

Might be worth checking the part number of the turbo before you go too far with mods, as you may get a bill to replace it soon! Or look to upgrade before it gives up. Mine has just gone on my 2014 Petrol VRS, though with 110k miles, it's taken a while to go! 

The part number is round the back of the intake section, which you can use your phone to take a picture of (what I did)

Check out this forum link below with all the effected turbo's.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/got-a-bad-turbo-lets-track-the-issue.317440/

Annoyingly, this seems to have been a recall is the US, but not over here.